“Great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Miso
Ranked #56 of 531 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited with a group of friends who had been a few weeks ago and recommend Miso. We were not disappointed! The food was lovely and the presentation created a really nice dining experience. The staff were really attentive and friendly. We will definitely be going back there soon.

• Visited June 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Something different in Stoke!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Came here in the week with my boyfriend, the service was attentive and polite, the lady waiting on really made us feel comfortable and kept checking that we were okay. Loved the interior, really simple but smart. A nice menu with just enough on there for you to not be overwhelmed. The food was so delicious and it made such a difference to the usual curry houses in Stoke, I can't wait to go again!

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Good Japanese restaurant, sushi are ok. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Good Japanese restaurant in stoke.

Take away is available.

The owner is very welcoming and caring.

Good food in general

Talke, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food - can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was a spur of the moment decision to go out for a meal, and I've only ever been to Miso once before, with some friends before a stag do. That was nearly 4 years ago, and I'd been trying to get my wife to go since then.

I had a quick check to see whether they were open, and they were friendly and courteous on the telephone. We arrived and were seated. They weren't too busy, but then it was a Tuesday evening.The staff were polite and helpful with the menu (neither of us were that familiar with Japanese food, and the menu lacked a little description here and there).

The food we had was delicious - my wife chose vegetable and fish dishes, and I chose meat. We had starters, mains and desserts, and found each to be beautifully presented and wonderfully flavoured. My only issue with Miso was the speed of service between courses, but then we weren't in a hurry so it didn't bother us. Perhaps with a quiet evening they weren't feeling the need to rush diners; I would suggest anyone who is in a hurry to let the staff know before being seated.

Would we go again? Yes - can't wait! My wife works within walking distance and is planning on going with some colleagues when they have to work late one evening, as they open at 6, as a bit of a team bonding exercise, and I'm looking forward to what I would considering to be a brilliant alternative to other high-street Japanese noodle-type restaurant chains starting with a "W".

Give it a go - beautiful food, lovely dining experience, and we were not left hungry or bloated as often you are after a Chinese!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A pleasant evening :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

After hearing some concerning reviews for the service we braced ourselves for a wait for our food!
We had the all you can option and was pleasantly surprised when our starters came out! The ribs were amazing and plenty of meat! We are all big eaters so ordered quite a lot of starters and mains and was not disappointed with any of the dishes! Some of the faves were katsu curry, sushi and prawns! The service was good and the staff were very attentive and pleasant :)
One down side was that the wine was a little expensive when u can buy it in shops for a fraction of the price!
Also, I think the toilets could do with abit of sprucing up!
But putting that aside we all had a lovely evening and would definitely return! :)