“Birthday celebrations”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Audley, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Myself and 32 of my closest family and friends celebrated my birthday on Saturday 5th April 2014 in the upstairs function room . The room was beautifully decorated, the food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. The waiter and waitress charged with serving our party did a fantastic job, they were well organised and very pleasant - taking time to chat to guests and check they were OK. Despite the fact that this was a busy Saturday night nothing was too much trouble.
I would thoroughly recommend the Alessi in Audley for a special celebration they certainly helped to make my birthday an evening to remember.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Alison H

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal & very friendly staff.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you are thinking of visiting Alessi in Audley, then don't hesitate. My husband and I turned up this evening without booking a table, and although we were told that the restaurant was fully booked, the staff very kindly found a table for us. We ordered starters and a main. The food at Alessi is of a very high standard, ours was totally delicious, I was unable to finish the generous portion, full of huge chunks of deliciously moist chicken breast. I decided to try something off the menu that I hadn't tried before & I was not disappointed. The restaurant gets very busy, but all the staff are lovely and friendly and polite. We were served quickly and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We will definitely be back to this lovely restaurant. Thank you Alessi.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank DiddlyDot
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Restaurant, Staff and Service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Visited Alessi Saturday 29th March with friends to celebrate a special occasion.
Warm friendly welcome on arrival, fast and friendly service throughout,
Staff where fantastic, friendly and chatty, nothing was ever too much hassle..

Cocktails where also amazing, not only this food was outstanding, best iv tried at an Indian.
Thank you Kathryn and staff.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Michelle S
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing as always”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We often visit The Alessi restaurant especially to celebrate special occasions. Regardless of the size of the party we are always given 1st class service.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated, clean and modern.
Fayak, Kathryn & all the staff work so hard to ensure that everybody has a wonderful time while there.
You are always welcomed, taken to your table, drinks order taken while you attempt to decide what to order from the vast menu. We have ordered many of the dishes and every one of them has been 5 star. You can tell the freshest, finest ingredients are always used.
The portion sizes are very generous and we have never been able to finish everything ordered.
This in our opinion is the best & finest restaurant in Staffordshire.
We look forward to many more great nights at the Alessi

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bernie169
Alsager, United Kingdom
“So close, but so far away. Could be 10/10 with work”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

A mixed review resulting in an average score which i will explain by breaking it down. The restaurant is a
nice looking place with modern decor, minimalist but cosy. First I press ions were good.
We were quickly seated and given menus but from that point on the service was at best SLOW !!
This was on a week night when it was very quiet in the restaurant and there were plenty of staff around when we entered, but they seemed to disappear once we wanted them. We felt we had to wait far too long for service. I appreciate not being rushed, but this was too much, to the point we were looking around for someone to take our order. As a result I have given an "average" overall rating but that needs to be quantified so to break it down into separate areas I would rate;
8/10 for setting and decor
5/10 for ambiance and atmosphere
9/10 for quality and freshness of food
3/10 for service
When there a so many good places about service needs to be outstanding, and elsewhere it is, so i won't be going back to Alessi and that should hit home to the management when I mark the food 9/10. For the food it doesn't get much better than that. Unfortunately the best food cannot make up for poor service, but excellent service can make up for average food. This place gets it the wrong way round. With food like this you should have us rushing back for more, but not until the service has improved A LOT !!
So close, but no cigar.