“Fabulous Sunday Lunch”

Description: Traditional English restaurant
Alsager, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Returned again for a beautiful Sunday Lunch. As always the service was excellent and the food was delicious. All of the tables were full and they had to turn people away.

Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ali H

staffordshire
“Looking forward to trying Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Been to Baby Russets a few times now and always had a great meal and I have just booked for Sunday Lunch in a couple of weeks time and am looking forward to it already, If you've never been give it a try but it's best to book in advance because it's such a popular place,

Visited April 2014
1 Thank maryStaffordshire
Staffordshire
“Delightful !”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended to me by a colleague at work so my family and I decided to try it for a Sunday lunch. This was months ago now and this little gem has become our most favourite place to eat out together. So much so that I contemplated not writing a trip advisor review for fear that getting a reservation would be even more difficult than it is now- I decided against this as unfair to the wonderful owners who truly deserve a great review !
All the staff at Baby Russets are lovely- so so welcoming and helpful in a very genuine way. The restaurant itself is cosy and the decor reminds me of being abroad somewhere in a sunnier climate.
I can only comment on Sunday lunch so far although I have a table booked for my birthday in July on a Friday evening and cant wait to try one of the specials on the board that I keep reading about. The sunday lunch menu is reasonably priced and you can have 1,2 or 3 courses ( although I personally would never be able to eat all 3 courses !)
What can I say about the food other than fabulous! Home cooked , fresh , hot, delicious and lots of it! Their mashed potato is a delight and their salmon or cod in cheesy sauce - absolutely yummy! Deserts again are to die for - you cant not have one really- the baileys cheesecake is a real treat and for something a little lighter the individual trifles and perfect with cointreau soaked fruit at the bottom.
The wine list is also great and priced reasonably- we have been on 2 birthdays now for my parents- each time they have made it really lovely by playing music and bringing out a really big sparkler on either a cake or desert.
Really I don't want more and more people to discover this restaurant tucked away in Stoke but I know they will.
I am looking forward to my birthday meal here and many Sunday lunches before !

1 Thank bookingmad
Crewe, United Kingdom
“amazing”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went to baby russets yesterday with my wife daughter and son in law they had been there twice before and never stopped saying how good it was! Having had the best ever friendly service we booked a table again this time to sample evening menu. If you can try this restaurant..

“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Return visit last night and once again absolutely fabulous. The atmosphere was good, service excellent and the food piping hot and delicious! All the tables were full which reflects the superb standard of this restaurant. Lemon meringue is sublime!!! We will definitely be back yet again, fab Steve, Dave and all you excellent staff!