“Very good and reasonable prices”
Review of Black Lake Inn

Black Lake Inn
Ranked #35 of 557 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2019

Called in at lunch time without booking and was accommodated, meal was very good and cooked to our liking, service very good, only thing against was prices for drinks on the steep side, but overall good.

1  Thank Brian A
Write a reviewReviews (803)

Reviewed 30 October 2019

booked in for 1.15 going off the 2 course menu got our first course at 2.30 and our sweet course at 3.20. No apology for the delays. Asked one waitress how much longer our sweet would be she went away and never came back. When sweet arrived i complained waiter said they were busy and then pulled faces at me behind my back. Which my wife saw. We were finally able to pay and leave at 3.45( 2 1/2 hours for a 2 course pub meal!!)still no apology and when my wife complained on leaving about the poor service she was told by the owner "hope we never see you again" for complaining in the middle of his restaurant

4  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 21 October 2019

Our first visit as a party of 4. The staff were friendly and attentive. Menu choices, food quality and portion size was good although the tables for 4 are a little cramped once food and drinks all arrive,

2  Thank Smug23
Reviewed 15 October 2019

Absolutely atrocious!
Meal was cold and found a hair in it
Had to wait for 1 meal as they had forgotten it
I approached the chef who was flippant and not offered an apology
I wouldn’t recommend this place

6  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

I visited with my wife and daughter and really enjoyed ourselves, polite staff and great atmosphere. I would and have recommended it to others. I told my parents about it and they visited on Saturday and they said it was lovely and they would go again.

Date of visit: June 2019