When we arrived at the hotel there was no one on the desk so we followed the directions on the sign and found a member of staff in the bar to check us in. The member of staff seemed rather inconvenienced by our arrival and wasn't very cheerful. When we first walked into the room we were struck by how cold it was (even though it was quite warm outside) my husband belived that the window must be open due to how noisey it was but in actual fact the window was shut just not very sound proof. The room had no curtains and the heater was broken, but the hotel obviously knew about this as they had provided an stand alone heater. A major problem with the room was that there was only one plug. The one behind the TV was visibly and quite dangereously broken which left us with the choice of charging one of phones or warmth from the heater. The bed linen was clean and well presented. The wall had some bizarre red stuff aplattered up it which really needed to be cleaned. The bathroom was quite average, it wasn't sparkly clean but it wasn't really dirty. The towel rail didn't heat up at all and the toilet had to be pumped to flush it. The shower was awful it was just like a really low pressure tap. We had food in the pub below which was really nice although I wouldn't recomend the breakfast. The staff we spoke to in the bar were all nice and friendly. I definitely wouldn't stay here again though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Stoke East Hotel lies just 4 miles from Stoke city center itself, perched conveniently by the A50 to make access to all major routes as easy as falling asleep in one of our wonderful rooms! Our lodge style hotel has been recently refurbished, and offers a contemporary-yet-comfy setting for any stay whether you're here on a romantic getaway, a business stopover or a family break. In fact, we're so family friendly that even 'Mr Tumble' once paid us a visit on his way home from Alton Towers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Stoke East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weather Vane Value Hotel Stoke-On-Trent
- Best Western Stoke East Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire