“Not impressed in the slightest” 1 of 5 bubbles

New Florence
Ranked #146 of 531 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed in the slightest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just been out to dinner here as a rare treat with the family and it was a thoroughly disappointing experience. Not a busy night being a Wednesday night and yet the several staff that were on shift were "just too busy"... plenty of empty tables yet none clean.... we had to sit at an unclean table that hadn't been re-laid... this was followed by a 40 minute wait for food that we weren't warned about despite seeing another table that arrived after us being served food before us. 2 of the 5 meals were steaks, 1 ordered medium/well and the other medium/rare... both of which came out over done. Ordered a "white grenache" (rose wine) and were served white wine...BY THE DUTY MANAGER (way to know your menu's). Then when it came to ordering desserts we were told by 1 member of staff that they weren't serving desserts anymore owing to a "flood in the kitchen"... 10 minutes later we saw another table being served desserts so we questioned the Duty Manager about it and were told a completely different story in that "we are still serving desserts but there is a backlog at the moment owing to everything exploding in the kitchen" by this point (45 minutes after we had finished our mains) the plates from mains hadn't even been cleared though we had witnessed staff standing around chatting.
Overall this was an unpleasant trip out to dinner and the rare treat was effectively ruined... Not impressed in the slightest.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ryan C
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at New Florence, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Ryan C

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the New Florence with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

“Poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Daughter chose 'healthy' carrots which came looking like they'd been on a sun bed for several hours, my burger came with bacon barely cooked and inedible, tables were sticky, service at the bat took ages with only one staff member serving, and to top it off they ran out of cheesecake. Had the same menu at the gatehouse which is far better!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at New Florence, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Jim M

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the New Florence in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Stoke on trent
“Discusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Door to the kitchen repeatedly banging through the meal. Order came wrong even after informing the waitress it came wrong again and you could hear the chef swearing from the kitchen horrible experience bar staff had a bad attitude also will not be reccomending horrible place

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at New Florence, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear CharlieOulton

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Forgot my meal great start!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Came for a party at wacky warehouse and decided to have some food with friends, food came in good time with my meal missing wasn't too happy about that but soon got the problem sorted and i would say the food was just average.

Stoke, United Kingdom
“Won't be coming back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have visited the Florence before and my experience wasn't half bad so we decided to return. What a mistake. For a started we had the combo for two however it couldn't look far from the picture on the menu, the chicken wings didn't resemble anything of a chicken! They were greasy, slimy and grey!!!!! We then waited 20 minutes for our mains by which time after the fiasco of the chicken wings were apprehensive of the mains to follow! Our cuttlery was dirty, and when we alerted a member of staff about this she chuckled and walked off! I won't be returning to the new Florence, surely clean cuttlery is a given!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at New Florence, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Marisakyle