“friendly staff”

The Wulstan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Came here for my mum's 71st birthday. Table was ready for us, in the window area, where I had requested.
Ordered drinks at the food pay area where the waitress very kindly offered to bring them over to our table.
The food is typically pub grub, very reasonably priced as most meals are 2for1, it was served very quickly and was red hot.....lovely! Desert was quick and tasty too.
Very pleased with service and all staff were lovely. They have a play area outside which is great, the only draw back is the children have to walk on the car park to reach it.
Great value for money...we will defiantly visit again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited the Wulstan with friends on their recommendation and was pleasantly surprised.
All meals are on a two for one basis and menu is very extensive.
We went early on about 5pm so there was not long to wait for the meal to arrive.
Me and my partner opted for the rump steak in a Wexford sauce (which was one of our favorites at a previous establishment)this was priced at £12.95 but as it was 2 for 1 seemed good value
With 2 pints the bill came to £18 .50 .
Steak was cooked as requested and came with chips, peas, mushrooms ,tomato, and onion rings
Service was good and can find no fault and would recommend to anyone wanting a cheap pub meal.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

i went to the wulstan on the 1/7/14 for a change never bin before brill staff lovely meals when I got there I had my starter and I liked the sauce so they gave me some more for free brill place highly recommend this place

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited The Wulston with family for lunch,having not been here for a few years,i was sceptical but my daughter had recommended it.We were pleasantly surprised.The menu is extensive and all main meals are 2 for 1. this is a bit of a drawback when there is an odd number of you as this does boost up the price.On average meals costs about £5. I had the salmon with crushed potatoes and veg,accompanied by a bernaise sauce which was delicious.The portion was not huge but adequate for a lunchtime meal.Drinks were fairly reasonable and the service good.Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

When I first visited this establishment it was to attend a function and I thought the food was quite good, however, when I visited the place a couple of weeks later, the service was so poor that we left, we were not offered a seat at a table, we could not make any eye contact with any of the staff, we were just ignored for what seemed an eternity,I thought that this was very rude so we left, not been near the place since.