“Nice Indian food”

Nirvana
Ranked #196 of 569 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We welcome you to Nirvana. We pride ourselves on creating a wonderful, friendly ambience and our setting is an elegant, subtle blend of the traditional with the contemporary. A perfect place, we hope, for you to enjoy first class cuisine. All our food is prepared using only the finest, freshest ingredients and the best quality produce while our years of experience ensure food of only the finest quality. Should you need any further information please contact us.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we had a huge group for dinner, and I personally liked the food as it was spicy enough for my Asian taste. However, I think the place is not used to catering to a large group as our dinner was served completely in 2 hours. That's a pretty long time to have to wait for our dinner.
However, I would give credit for their patience to our large group and their food. If you had a smaller group, you would probably get better service.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were staying in a hotel about one mile away and used TA to find nearby restaurants. We didn't book a table as it was a Thursday night and we thought there would be no need. When we arrived at the restaurant we asked for a table for 3 and the waiter checked the diary. We were promptly seated and the only fault I could find in this night out was there was a stain on the table cloth but that isn't reason enough to mark down the experience. We ordered popadoms, dips, onion bhaji, tandoori chicken, Tikka masala, and the lamb chops with potatoes with a peshwari naan. The food came out quickly and there were adequate breaks between each course. The chicken tikka masala is one of the nicest we have had, made just the way we like it and the lamb chops were plentiful, succulent and tender with a lovely spicy sauce. The décor was contemporary and we couldn't believe how busy it was for a Thursday night.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was slightly more expensive than our local but you get what you pay for, it certainly wasn't extortionate.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Lovely staff great food very enjoyable experience went for wife's birthday very much enjoyed our evening thank you

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My friend and I dined here on a Monday night having walked in without a reservation. We were greeted kindly at the door and shown to a table on a raised area. The restaurant is very modern in decor and very clean. It was quite busy considering it was a Monday night too. We were swiftly given menus and a drinks order taken. The menu is quite extensive covering all bases of Indian cuisine. My friend and I shared a Nirvana Mixed Starter followed by two standard curries with rice and a peshwari naan. Our starters arrived presented beautifully on a sqaure plate with dips and salad garnish. The chicken chat was especially tasty and piping hot. Our mains arrived in a good time frame. We ordered chicken tikka sagwalla and a lamb bhuna. Our plates were hot and our food was delicious. Every mouthful was really delicious. The peshwari naan was light, crispy on the edges and beautifully flavoured, our favourite so far! We had asked for our curries to be made hotter which was no trouble at all. They really were lovely dishes, plenty of flavour and quality. The portions were very generous and we were unable to finish them so I requested to take my left over dish home (I really wanted my husband to try it!). After a break we decided to have a couple of desserts, which again arrived in good time and were beautifully presented. The service throughout was excellent, very friendly and efficient. Our bill came to £50 which we found great value for money for the service and food received. We have decided that when we fancy a curry again that we will definetely go straight back to Nirvana! A hidden gem, we had a great night and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Nice environment and quite busy for early on a Wednesday evening with a good atmosphere.

We always try bhajis on a first visit as I find these a good gauge for the rest of the meal. They were presented on a sectioned plate with three dips - tamarind, sweet chilli and yoghurt. The salad looked a tad wilted and sad. There were 4 bhajis but as they were small balls, they were quite crunchy throughout and so it was difficult to obtain much flavour apart from the odd fennel seed.

I had Naga Chilli for a main. Both this and my Wife's Tikka Masala were quite tomatoey and oily with gee. Both were OK but lacked any real depth of flavour. The chicken on both was quite flavourless considering it was tikka. For lovers of hot curries, the Naga was quite mild.

All in all the meal was OK. I wouldn't rush back as there are numerous 'OK' curryhouses of this standard around the city.