“Pleasant stroll”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Pleasant stroll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nice stroll on a Sunday afternoon. Plenty of wildlife. Clean toilets and nice little cafe/information point.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank PFiona O

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our family love going for walks here, beautiful area and close to towns.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We regularly visit Westport Lake. The path around the main lake is one mile so popular with joggers and bikeriders. There is a play area for children and a smaller pool. There are wildlife activities in the school holidays for the children. The canal runs along side so you can see the barges go past. There is a cafe with a raised outside area looking over the lake. There is now a new bike hire service as well. Well worth a visit for local people. There is a stream running on one side in woodland to explore. Enjoyable place to visit for children and nature loving adults too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Angela R
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How could I forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

How could I forget that this lake is on my doorstep, it's a beautiful part of Staffordshire, which is well maintained and looked after. It was bustling with walkers, strollers, runners and fisherfolk this evening. Wow. The wildlife is thriving and we are lucky to have this place.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TracyDean2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic play area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Visited for the Easter egg hunt - paths around the 2 lakes lovely and flat, wide and concreted. My daughter whizzed round on her scooter- at 6 years old she loved it! Had a light lunch in the cafe - a bit pricey but very yummy. Easter egg hunt was great and kept my daughter entertained. The playground is brilliant with lots to do for a variety of ages. My 2 year old and 6 year old did not get bored once! Ice cream van ideal on a hot day but again a little pricey! I felt very safe and would visit on my own with my children. The lake is perfect for pushchairs or wheelchairs. Only dislike would be the huge bumps across the car park - needs sorting before cars get wrecked.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jenno32
Northwich, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect place for all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Really made up I found this place lovely walk. Kids loved the fact there is a second path running along side the main track so they could run along side us hiding and jumping out. We had a light snack in the cafe which wasn't anything special but suitable. Their are also toilets in the cafe and also an ice cream van next to the park. Which was very reasonable at £1 for a plain cornet. Our labrador was also welcome to stay with us in the outside area of the cafe they also had water bowls down. All in all a lovely free day out with the kids and dog.

1 Thank Debbie D