“Lovely”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Found this restaurant by chance while staying in Stoke to go to Alton Towers. Lovely food and very friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed our meal so much that we left Alton towers an hour earlier the second night to make a return visit. Once again a lovely meal and staff were very good with very hungry teenage son who ate his way through the menu. Restaurant and facilities were spotless. Obviously didn't eat in BBQ/hotpot restaurant, but have to say we could not smell any smoke/fumes coming through to main restaurant and anyway, what sort of person would want to wear clothes two days running and not wash them - not the sort of person I want to sit next to. We did not pay for tap water - it was supplied free in a jug and more brought to table when it was empty and the drinks were reasonably priced. Great Time - thanks- shame we don't live closer.

2  Thank Jo T

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Very happy with the food however the service was not satisfactory from the Chinese staff as I did not feel they understood English very well and their manners left a lot to be desired. The English girl working there was especially helpful and I would recommend eating there when she is on shift.

1  Thank AllanSullivan
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have just come on this page and it has annoyed me a little bit I work at this place and I agree on most points that people have said especially about the customer service but about the other people who work there but I try my best to make every single customer happy who comes into this restaurant maybe if you come on a day that I'm working you will change your mind not to sound big headed or anything but it's upset me a little bit I just hope people don't look at this and think oh I'm not going there because you don't know what it's like by just going off someone's opinion just come down and see I'm happy to tell you the days that I work so you will have good customer service so please come down and try it I will try my best to make every customer happy and feel comfortable!

3  Thank nadia-jane
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I went to this restaurant twice in this month because of group gathering and my friend's birthday. The most attracting features of this restaurant is the BBQ/hotpot which is quite rare in our town. However we suffered from unhappy experiences after each visit......

Firstly, the ventilation system here is not good. If you go you should be prepared to wash your clothes you are wearing after visit as even after two or three days my t-shirt is still having a smokey smell. If you cannot bear the sooty environment, better avoid this and not to go.

Secondly, the drinks here is even more expensive than a pub. It costs £1 per pint if you require tap water. Also the price is unclear and misleading too. In the menu it says the price of soft drinks and juices are £1.5 but do not mention the size. Some of my friends and I ordered two because of such a cheap price. When it came to bill payment, the outcome was that we were charged for £3 per glass of drink we ordered. And the waiter said the price of £1.5 was for small glass only. But the menu also stated that the bottled drinks would cost £3 at the same time. Then why did you give me the large pint when we pointed to the menu and made an order? What is the point behind this? I understand you want to recover the cost of all-you-can-eat food and this is the open secret of buffer restaurants in the UK. But how come you can tricked us like this? This the main point that I decided not to come again.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Must try out their hotpot/BBQ buffet ! Delicious and very tasty indeed ! The price and service is also good, as you can eat-all-you-want ! I've been a few times now so I would highly recommend this place to anyone ! They also have karaoke at the back with simple group games etc. :D

1  Thank suwage23