“Satisfied Customer”

Ranked #30 of 565 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: You'll find us tucked away in one of the timber lodges that make up Trentham's Shopping Village in Stoke on Trent. The perfect spot to have pie & mash for lunch.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been a regular weekly customer since I discovered Pieminster some six months ago. The food always looks delicious - I can't speak for the pies as I am not a pie person, but their sausage rolls are to die for, the coffee is great and their home-made soups are tasty. I enjoy my visits and have always found the staff to be attentive and efficient.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Always loved the pies, good portion sizes for a great price. Recommend the Heidi pie for any vegetarians out there! Staff are always friendly and service is quick. Every time I come to trentham gardens I have to eat here!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The pastry of the pies had a weird tough texture. When trying to cut the pies it would just bend instead of cut , it was more like plastic than pastry .

Staff were friendly and quick service just wish the food was a bit better for the price

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Sloppy mash with mushy peas and a microwaved pie which was inedible topped with grated cheese and just to make it a bit more sloppy we were given gravy!!! Disgusting.Anyone with a knowledge of pastry should know microwaving it totally spoils it.Had the pie been baked properly and not sat on all this slop I suspect it would be have been so much better.Very disappointed and will not go again.

Gregg57, Owner at Pieminister, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I am extremely sorry to read that you did not have a good experience at our restaurant Paul. We have very strict cooking proceedures that have been in place since we opened seven years ago with two massive baking ovens used for cooking pies. I am sorry though to hear you felt the pie was microwaved which isn't acceptable and certainly not a practice of ours. With that in mind I would be grateful if you could e-mail me on pieminister_stoke@hotmail.co.uk to allow me to follow this up a little more thoroughly.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's a good concept. Serve top quality, tasty original pies in a down to earth setting at reasonable prices served by friendly staff.
If that was 100% true I'd give them a top rating. But, unfortunately, I thought the pies we had were nothing special. The 'chicken of arragon' was almost chicken free, and although the sauce was creamy, it lacked flavour. The mash tasted like 'Smash'... but I'm sure it wasn't. My mini ploughman ('pieman'?) was OK, the cheese was good, bread fresh, salad fine. But the pork pie was was bland, really bland.
I wish I could be more positive with my review because I'd like the restaurant to be a success, your hardworking staff deserve it, but the pies were the weakness, not the strength. Maybe we were just unlucky and chose the two least tasty pies on your menu.