“You weren't open!”
Review of Blondies Twisted Tea Room - CLOSED

Blondies Twisted Tea Room
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional British afternoon tea style service, loose teas, weekly specials, home-made cakes, award winning scones and a side of dreaming. Because we're twisted our afternoon tea is served all day long ........ And we are now licensed so you can add a lovely treat to your Afternoon Tea. (Please note we do operate Challenge 25, so please don't be offended if we ask you your age!) Have a look at our FB page.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Hello. I read reviews on here and we made the journey from Macclesfield to treat my mother at your tearooms. I checked the website which stated you are open Mon-Fri 11am-4pm. So after making the 40 minute journey, we arrived at 1pm (Tues) to find the tearoom closed and in darkness. If you had closed suddenly, there was no sign on the door or in the window to state this. Needless to say we were disappointed after making this journey and checking your website as the tearooms looked lovely through the window!

abigail r, Owner at Blondies Twisted Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear KMH0418

I'm sorry you were disappointed and you found Blondie's closed. My lovely staff team had worked Good Friday, and I worked a late private cocktail tea party on the Saturday evening.

So I gave my lovelies a lovely Easter break Sunday Monday and Tuesday. so they could enjoy some quality time with there families for a much need rest after a really busy weekend Instead of closing Friday, opening Saturday, closed Monday.

I'm very sorry you were disappointed, we do always advise to call ahead or book a table when our lovely guests are making a special trip to visit so we can accommodate and avoid disappointment and a wasted journey.

If you pop over to FB we post on there current opening times / offers / early closures due to private bookings / early closure due ti full house.

again sorry you felt you had a wasted journey. But I hope you enjoyed a peaceful and restful Easter Break.

Warmest regards from all at Blondie's twisted tea room x

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Lovely cup of tea. Lovely scone. Sadly, despite what it says on the internet and word of mouth they closed at 3 so only had chance for quick cup. But would definitely go back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had my private Bridal shower here on the 28th March, and I can't express how perfect it was. It was wonderful value at £20 per head with afternoon tea and 3 teapots. Because due to unseen circumstance not everyone could attend so instead of providing us with food for 10 when there was only 8 of us they switched it for another Cocktail teapot! These teapots, they were the best cocktails I've ever had! They were so accommodating, my cousin who is pregnant they could not have been attentive enough to her, offering her different cocktails as we were all getting very giggling. The staff knew when to stay and when to back off and give us our space. They were even caring enough to let us stay later while my dad did a bit of driving around due to the beautiful Thunder and Lightening storm!

Would recommend a 100%! I just wish I could get your signature teapot during the nice summer day!

Thank you for making it the most amazing perfect evening!

1  Thank RELB1989
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I have visited blondies twice now after recommendations from friends. Lovely atmosphere, great decorations, food always fantastic. Afternoon tea for two with toasted sandwiches, gorgeous cake and scones all displayed on a fancy cake stand. Can't wait to return again. Definately worth a visit.

2  Thank jolewis84
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Unfortunately I can't comment on the quality of the food or atmosphere as we didn't get that far.

With family visiting, I decided to take them for afternoon tea having come across your tea room online. Entering the shop at just before 15.15 on Saturday 5th April, we were greeted by a waiter who told us you were fully booked. I then enquired about the two empty tables and asked for what time they were booked, in the hope that you may have been able to accommodate us in the interim, only to be informed that you weren't in fact fully booked, but rather had stopped serving.

I'm completely baffled as to 1)why the waiter didn't just give us the real reason in the first place, and 2) why seemingly one of the only places in Stoke-on-Trent that might have served us a half-decent afternoon tea with a bit of character had stopped serving AFTERNOON tea by 3pm on a Saturday (prime time in my opinion).

Hopefully you can convince me to return.

2  Thank Rhojom