“Substitute turned out well”

Terrazzo del Giardino
Ranked #238 of 569 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Was going to go in The Mill, Stone then wasn't going there because of a wedding so we went here instead and had a very nice Italian pasta lunch with a lovely bottle of red wine. It was at a very reasonable price and very close to the gardens so was more convenient than going to Stone which would have required us to get in the car between the gardens and the monkey forest. Good thing there were free tables at short notice.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Terrazzo del Giardino is a perennial favourite with our family as it has both a relaxed atmosphere and a menu suitable for children. Whilst we always enjoy dining here, I am always left with the question of why it is so surprisingly unpopular for meals, in the evenings at least. We had booked a relatively early table however took our time over our meals, but nonetheless never saw it particularly busy, or even more than quiet.
As ever, the food was great and service was pleasant. I decided to try something new for dessert, however ended up sampling both the profiteroles (fantastic) and lemon meringue (amazing).
So why is Terrazzo del Giardino so quiet? We couldn't help but think that it being open in the evenings may soon be a thing of the past, at least during the week. A refresh of the menu may also be helpful - everything is nice, but nonetheless the same as it was three years ago when we first started going here.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited for the first time on Wed 2nd April for a lunchtime treat. We enjoyed the £8.95 2 course special. The food was lovely-generous portions and the staff were attentive and friendly. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visit this restaurant about 6 times a year with our grandchildren. One enjoys a Pizza the other loves the Spaghetti Bolognese.
When I reviewed the place a year ago I felt that it was slipping. This is no longer the case.
On our last two visits the food has been spot on. I usually go for a Pizza and pick my ingredients from the list on the menu. That way you get a perfect ‘meat feast’.
Service can be a bit slow at times and there is certainly a case for employing an extra waiter/waitress.
Overall though it’s a good experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visited on a Sunday Lunchtime when having a walk around Trentham Gardens. It was about half empty when we got there and the waitress offered us a nice seat on the raised area of the restaurant towards the back. A nice seat where you are not as interrupted as on the ground level.

I ordered the flatbread what was nice. Chicken was cooked and worked well with the roasted peppers and the pesto was nice. My partner had one of the pizza's that was perfectly good if a bit untidily put on the plate.

We ordered two soft drinks as we were driving. The coke that I had was a little flat and the glasses were a little cheap, a bit like the budget ones from a supermarket, looked a bit more cafe than bistro restaurant.

The food was quickly served and all in all the service from the staff was good. I think that they should also be commended for creating a decent ambiance in an unconventional surroundings of a garden centre. Would be interesting as to what it would be like in the evening when the garden centre is closed?

1  Thank Southall202101