“Treated badly because we were using a groupon”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Namzin Spice

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
stoke-on-trent
“Treated badly because we were using a groupon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went to the restaurant with my husband and 3 friends in February . The waiter/manager was quite rude to us and treated us like second class customers because we were using a groupon. The menu was limited because of the voucher and the food was quite poor. The atmosphere lifted a little when we ordered drinks which included 2 bottles of wine. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sandra W

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good Groupon Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself and my girlfriend went here for a groupon deal and were not dissapointed. The good was as good as anywhere else in Burslem. The free wine wasn't great, but hey, it was free.

I'd certainly return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chris G
Stoke-on-Trent
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went on a Friday night, with a wowcher, is now called Albani Spice. £14.00 for 2 two course meals, not a full menu but plenty to choose from. I had garlic mushrooms and my partner had shami kebab, both starters came with 3 dips. Mains, I had a lamb madras and partner chicken tikka korai, we chose plain nan and steamed rice, but you could have other options. My madras was just about the right heat for me, lamb was tender but not loads of it, partner enjoyed his dish,rice fluffy and the nan was large enough for both of us. The coffee which was included was hot and tasty. The dining area is nice and modern, service was fine, not amazing but perfectly adequate. Yes we would go again. Would suggest they have a full menu on the table so you could take a look at what they have to offer to consider returning without a wowcher.

• Visited February 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Shocking staff and food!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

As we arrived to the now named albani spice there were windows boarded up outside which I agree can sometimes not be helped. Me and my partner and another couple had purchased a groupon offer that they were advertising for a two coarse meal each witch we informed the waiter as we were seated. 5 minutes later he came back to us asking for a print out of the groupon which we hadn't got but showed them the groupon on a smartphone as stated in there terms and conditions. But this was not good enough and the dispute went on for half an hour and in this time they wouldn't let us see a menu or even take our drinks order. If we hadn't already paid for the meal we'd have walked out! Finally we could order food and drink after I had to walk outside in the pouring rain to get a signal good enough to email our deal code to the restaurant even though it was there to see on screen!! The food tasted ok but with very little meat inside the dishes!! All in all I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Visited January 2014
Stoke on Trent
“They deliver!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I mainly use the Namzin when i fancy a balti at home without having to pick it up. The Namzin accepts orders online and delivery is usually either on time or early. Had the odd example of late delivery or lukewarm food but not often enough to put me off. Price is reasonable for home delivery. It's one of the newer balti houses locally so probably still trying to establish itself.