“Used to be Good”

Syndicate
Ranked #429 of 555 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Syndicat Hanley,used to be good, until it had a revamp and refurbishment, and changed the food side of the pub, In my opinion, it didn't work,they should have remembered the old adage
"If it works,dont fix it"

1  Thank Don C
There are newer reviews for Syndicate

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I popped in for an impromptu lunch as we knew the place catered for children (we had our son with us).

Despite it being quiet, service was slow and the payment system was down (can't be helped but was an inconvenience)

My wife asked for medium rare steak, it arrived very well done.

Not impressed.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Called in for the first time since 'Syndicate' became the 'Auctioneer' for a pub lunch. Now a 'Last Orders' pub. Sports bar (loads of TV's), cheap booze (but little real ales), basic food menu (usual pub fare etc).

Can't say I was overly impressed. Gone is the wide selection of ciders (just Strongbow & Kopperberg now) and a really quite limited food menu compared to what 'Syndicate' used to offer. Only 3 desserts: Ice Cream, Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Cake.

I had a bacon/cheeseburger and chips for £6. Not the best. My friend had ham/egg/chips for £4 which he enjoyed well enough. Strongbow was £2 a pint as were most of the popular lagers/bitters. Probably not going to bother calling in that often. Even Wetherspoons has more to offer now!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Eat at The Syndicate ( now undergoing a refurb) .once a week or more,good quality food,good variety of food,good customer service,hope the refurb,is.nt too modern.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Disgusting meal. 2 hour wait for burger and chips and ice cream pudding. Shockingly rude staff. Paid with club card vouchers, glad i didn't part with any cash!

My wife had to re-order her meal 4 times as the boy on the bar didn't even know what was available. The female manager couldn't have been any more ruder, slinging our pudding in front of use with a mutter after 50 mi s of waiting for the pudding, which looked like a toilet explosion. And the only time one member of staff smiled was when he took a liking to my wife. We
will never eat here again or the smith and jones food chain after this experience.

Eat here at your own risk

2  Thank P1987S