“We like Med Bar!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We visit about 3 times a year, mostly birthdays and we always enjoy the food. The range is not your normal Italian menu and provides some good alternatives at a very competitive price.

Amongst our favourite are the lobster ravioli and the homemade fennel and pork sausages (can you make some for me to eat at home?) with lentils which are excellent. To be fair we've never had a bad meal, it's always freshly cooked and hot. We've eaten most things from the menu now

The wine list is excellent and I've searched high and low for some of the wines they have and can't find them anywhere in the UK, even online.

The only downsides are the location, parking isn't all that good, the furniture is a bit dated and there's never enough people in there. Shame, as I'm sure they'd enjoy it if they got in there.
Service is good and friendly.

1  Thank belinda t

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I will not eat here again following my one experience! We arrived to an empty restauraunt and promptly ordered drinks and food. I ordered a starter (carpaccio) it was the worst saltiest, sour tasting starter that I have ever had. I decided to stay for the main courses (to be civil) and they were actually ok, but after eating a plate of salt the night was somewhat ruined

2  Thank TAMember08152013
Med B, Owner at Med Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Good morning ,
We have just read your review on Tripadvisor and to be perfectly honest we do not know how respond to this, We can only apologize that you were not happy with your meal.
It happens occasionally that Med bar is quiet especially midweek.
Carpaccio -raw steak and is dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to marinade the meat so there will be some sharpness from the lemon.
We find it difficult to understand why something was not said at the time as we would have quite happily prepared another one for you.
Why would anyone eat something that was not right?
We at Med Bar can only put something right if we are told about it at the time.
Again our apologies

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Open every evening from Tuesday to Saturday inclusive.
A long overdue review for a place we've visited many, many times over more years than I care to remember.
An excellent welcome, a wide range of food and selected compatible wines - just ask if you need guidance - a take-away service and outside catering too. Even wedding celebrations in Italy can be accommodated.
Lee and Mimmo run a tight ship.
We consider Med Bar the best in the area (the region, for that matter.)
Long may it reign!

2  Thank jandacooper
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Given the competition in Newcastle Under Lyme, I think this restaurant is a little nugget of gold. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, I found the service to the best I have experienced in 2013. Having

The menu had a good variety of dishes which excited the taste buds. The delicately flavoured dishes served up in good portions left us all feeling satisfied. i may have to go back just so I can attempt dessert.

1  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Tapas Menu was Excellent - We went to The Med Bar for my Sisters Birthday
As we drew up outside the Med Bar Restaurant on Cobridge Road Hanley my thoughts were "What Are We Doing Here???" I had driven past many times and never thought it was open, so when we got to go inside I was very pleasantly surprised, We walked into a Cocktail Bar- Reception Area where we were greeted by smiling faces, I have never seen so many different Spirits and Liqueurs, Italian beer on tap as well as a selection of bottled beers. We didn't need to order because we had a "Set Tapas Menu" which had about 11 dishes which included a selection of meat, fish and vegetarian food.
The food was fabulous and there was more than enough for us all, The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The atmosphere was Mediterranean very relaxed just like being on holiday
I have since looked at the full menu on line and I can't wait to go back,
I can;t believe i HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE but I will defiantly be going back

5  Thank ladylea01