“genuine italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2013

what a hidden gem; I have eaten Italian in over 15 countries, including the some award winning ones; the food here can match any, and, better a lot of them; we are talking food, not location and other non- relevant issues, I go to a restaurant for GOOD FOOD. I then found out why, it is owned by Italians, run by Italians, the chef is Italian (quite rare these days) after learning of his experience and where he had worked, all became obvious; excellent menu choice, and if your favorite is not there, just ask, they will attempt to satisfy and I am a fussy.-.-.-.-..-; EXCELLENT.
Oh whilst here i must comment on tam ember (almost amusing) comment, Why O Why did you not say anything???, and sour? do you mean sharp;; and salty? do you mean seasoned;; if so; that is correct, are you aware true carpaccio is pure raw beef, and not other meats as many many places use, perhaps you are used those,(do you like spam) and not haute cusine;

1  Thank pasta13
There are newer reviews for Med Bar Restaurant

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We visit about 3 times a year, mostly birthdays and we always enjoy the food. The range is not your normal Italian menu and provides some good alternatives at a very competitive price.

Amongst our favourite are the lobster ravioli and the homemade fennel and pork sausages (can you make some for me to eat at home?) with lentils which are excellent. To be fair we've never had a bad meal, it's always freshly cooked and hot. We've eaten most things from the menu now

The wine list is excellent and I've searched high and low for some of the wines they have and can't find them anywhere in the UK, even online.

The only downsides are the location, parking isn't all that good, the furniture is a bit dated and there's never enough people in there. Shame, as I'm sure they'd enjoy it if they got in there.
Service is good and friendly.

1  Thank belinda t
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I will not eat here again following my one experience! We arrived to an empty restauraunt and promptly ordered drinks and food. I ordered a starter (carpaccio) it was the worst saltiest, sour tasting starter that I have ever had. I decided to stay for the main courses (to be civil) and they were actually ok, but after eating a plate of salt the night was somewhat ruined

2  Thank TAMember08152013
Med B, Owner at Med Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Good morning ,
We have just read your review on Tripadvisor and to be perfectly honest we do not know how respond to this, We can only apologize that you were not happy with your meal.
It happens occasionally that Med bar is quiet especially midweek.
Carpaccio -raw steak and is dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to marinade the meat so there will be some sharpness from the lemon.
We find it difficult to understand why something was not said at the time as we would have quite happily prepared another one for you.
Why would anyone eat something that was not right?
We at Med Bar can only put something right if we are told about it at the time.
Again our apologies

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Open every evening from Tuesday to Saturday inclusive.
A long overdue review for a place we've visited many, many times over more years than I care to remember.
An excellent welcome, a wide range of food and selected compatible wines - just ask if you need guidance - a take-away service and outside catering too. Even wedding celebrations in Italy can be accommodated.
Lee and Mimmo run a tight ship.
We consider Med Bar the best in the area (the region, for that matter.)
Long may it reign!

2  Thank jandacooper
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Given the competition in Newcastle Under Lyme, I think this restaurant is a little nugget of gold. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, I found the service to the best I have experienced in 2013. Having

The menu had a good variety of dishes which excited the taste buds. The delicately flavoured dishes served up in good portions left us all feeling satisfied. i may have to go back just so I can attempt dessert.

1  Thank Adrian M