“Good beer, great burger, no atmosphere”
Review of The Smithfield - CLOSED

The Smithfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Whether you’re having drinks with friends or a meal with family, you’ll find our welcoming bar and restaurant the perfect place to while away the hours.Not only do we provide friendly surroundings, great services and a superb range of beverages we’re also one of the best party venues in Stoke-on-Trent, hosting live entertainment every week, and much more besides.
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
“Good beer, great burger, no atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on a sunny Monday lunchtime. The beer was very good and the chilli burger was fantastic. Problem was we were the only customers. The barman did a crossword rather than talk to us or collect glasses. The beer garden needs work - at the moment it has all the comfort of a carpark. I hope they can sort out the problems. This pub could be a real asset to downtrodden Hanley.

“Disgusting way to treat customers after attending a funeral”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After having many happy times and family parties at the smithfield im completely disgusted with whats happend a fat bald man from behind the bar decided to come over to my sister and our funeral mourners after just attending my grandads funeral and having a meal and many drinks there that she isnt allowed to itch her foot in his bar because it is disgusting and not nice and not to fo it there! He said this is front of all the mourners! When she approached him and apologised and told the man he had embarrassed her and she had been a funeral and he had upset her! He said he didnt care if she had just been a funeral! Needless to say we wont be goin back! Maybe hes the new owner either way i dont think thats a way to treat your customers especially after a funeral!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Thebournefamily
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Not family friendly”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Was told to visit this pub as we are members of Camra and they offer real ale. Turned up with 14 year old son, and landlord practically ran out of the bar to advise that children were not welcome in the pub. Disgusted with this information and hope he realises he has lost out on a lot of business. We regularly frequent real ale bars in Hanley and surrounding areas and this is one place that is a definite no-no and will be passed on to family, friends and colleagues.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JonVixen
Widnes, United Kingdom
“fantastic pub food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Was down in stoke to pick my brother up and he suggested we go here for something to eat before heading home. He frequents the pub a lot as he's been working in the area so its been something of a second home to him for a few months. Didnt know what the expect from the place, looks like a standard pub from the outside and is very nice inside. We both had burger and chips as suggested by my brother and I must say I was surprised by the quality of the food. The burger was amazing, a well sized home made beef burger and one of the best that I've had. The chips were fantastic too, home made chunky chips and again really tasty. There was salad with the burger that was dressed with a tasty dressing sauce, apparently its the chef's secret recipe. I really cant fault it and for only fractionally more than a mcdonalds it'd get my recommendation everytime. The address is getting stored in my satnav so if I ever find myself down in stoke again I'm going to hunt it down so I can see how tasty some of the other meals are. Superb!

• Visited December 2013
Stoke on trent
“Fantastic Venue for Party.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We held a 40th Birthday Party here last night. The venue was great the staff went above and beyond what we expected of them. The bar was stocked with a wide variety of drinks and was great value.
A great night, if you looking for a good venue for a party I highly recommend it.
Thank you to all the staff for everything you did.

Visited November 2013