“The Leopard, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent”
Review of The Leopard Hotel

The Leopard Hotel
Ranked #250 of 535 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Bar, British, Greek, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“The Leopard, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We first booked The Leopard for my sons 40th birthday bash. On the back of an excellent night we have since had my retirement party and my wife's 60th birthday celebration, both of which went off very well. Sharon, the lady who runs the hostelry, with Mike her partner, gave us all the help and advice that we needed and all the staff were excellent throughout. The buffet was very good with more than enough for all, and the disco played a wide variety of music to suit all tastes. An excellent venue for any event.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff A

“Absolute joke!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Me and my family organized a 50th birthday party for our mum at this venue. NEVER again!
My dad is a regular at this pub at this pub and suggested to use the leopard as the venue. I am writing this review to say how uncomfortable I felt and the service at the leopard. Firstly me and my sister were the first to arrive and we went to get a drink at the bar, your barmaid Diane somewhat took a disliking to me and stared at me sniggering behind the bar and whispering and laughing with a coworker whilst looking at me. Very strange considering I had never met her before. Also other family and friends noticed this. Diane needs to some training in customer service, her professionalism is appalling. Her jealously was so obvious that me and my family actually laugh about it now as it was such a strange act from someone I had never met.
Also we ordered a buffet for the party which the leopard catered for which was not cheap, very nice food but by 11 o clock the buffet had disappeared from the table, only to find the manager putting our food in the BIN!!!! There was quite a substantial amount left which we could have took home! When we confronted the manager her attitude was appalling and her reply was 'well ill get it out of the bin for you if like?' ... We had over 50 friends and relatives who attended that night some of who were regulars and will not be returning to the leopard inn any time soon! You don't deserve the business.

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Emmalisa21
Stoke on Trent
“Great venue.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've eaten 2-3 times at the Leopard and the menu has always been very good 'home cooked' style food in a varied menu. Can't recall ever having a meal I did not enjoy. Good sized portions, good value for money.The food area is set behind the bar, in a designated area. The only real problem is that food isn't always available every day so it's always best to ring ahead to check before popping down.

The Leopard is a great pub in it's own right with a long history and it is still a very popular drinking pub in Burslem today You can usually find some real ales/ciders amongst the usual suspects.

Well worth a visit whether eating or just drinking.

• Visited June 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fabulous traditional pub and restaurant”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

What a fabulous intriguing pub, we had a beautiful meal served by really helpful staff followed by a ghost tour in the old hotel which was visited by the popular TV show Most Haunted, scary to say the least. There was entertainment in the bar which completed our evening to the full. Thank you and can't wait to visit you again soon. Looking forward to booking one of your overnight Ghost Hunts.

• Visited February 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit if you are in the area”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had a good night out in Burslem and this was a pub we would go back to - it is a nice building with lots of history behind it , and for the real ale drinkers a good choice . We were there in the evening but we were advised that good home cooked meals are available during the day.
Friendly pub and if in the area we will go back

• Visited May 2013