“Excellent Christmas at The Leopard every year”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Leopard Hotel

The Leopard Hotel
Ranked #253 of 536 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Bar, British, Greek, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Christmas at The Leopard every year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was somewhat surprised when I read the recent review of Christmas at The Leopard. As a group of friends we have had a Christmas meal at The Leopard for the last 4 years and have never once had an issue. This is not an easy task as our group of friends this year amounted to 34 people, with ages ranging from 8 months to 40 years old and in previous years the numbers have been higher.

It is a chance for a group of friends to all get together and as our new friends join and children are born The Leopard couldn't be more accomodating.

The food is of a great standard and the service is efficient and friendly. It is not an easy event to organise but it is made much easier by the helpfulness of Sharon and her staff. This year despite the kitchen not opening on a Sunday, they gladly did for our party.

We really appreciate the room that we have to ourselves, the Christmas music that is played and the lovely Christmas tree that is there every year.

As my friends and I say every year.......Christmas doesn't start until we've all got together at The Leopard. We will be booking again this year and hopefully for many years to come.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JNini174

Stoke-on-Trent
“A Great Night Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Eight of us went out for a celebration meal on 27 Sept 2013. Food great, menu great, service great, value great, atmosphere great! The relaxed dining area behind the bar is full of old world charm. Live music drifting through from the bar added to the lively atmosphere we enjoy.
Landlady Sharon sent us the menu by email so we all knew what to order when we arrived.

Also ate there in a party of about 30 in the large back room in August 2013, again very good though prefer the small restaurant area behind the bar for atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Hilary W
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“The Leopard, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We first booked The Leopard for my sons 40th birthday bash. On the back of an excellent night we have since had my retirement party and my wife's 60th birthday celebration, both of which went off very well. Sharon, the lady who runs the hostelry, with Mike her partner, gave us all the help and advice that we needed and all the staff were excellent throughout. The buffet was very good with more than enough for all, and the disco played a wide variety of music to suit all tastes. An excellent venue for any event.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff A
“Absolute joke!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Me and my family organized a 50th birthday party for our mum at this venue. NEVER again!
My dad is a regular at this pub at this pub and suggested to use the leopard as the venue. I am writing this review to say how uncomfortable I felt and the service at the leopard. Firstly me and my sister were the first to arrive and we went to get a drink at the bar, your barmaid Diane somewhat took a disliking to me and stared at me sniggering behind the bar and whispering and laughing with a coworker whilst looking at me. Very strange considering I had never met her before. Also other family and friends noticed this. Diane needs to some training in customer service, her professionalism is appalling. Her jealously was so obvious that me and my family actually laugh about it now as it was such a strange act from someone I had never met.
Also we ordered a buffet for the party which the leopard catered for which was not cheap, very nice food but by 11 o clock the buffet had disappeared from the table, only to find the manager putting our food in the BIN!!!! There was quite a substantial amount left which we could have took home! When we confronted the manager her attitude was appalling and her reply was 'well ill get it out of the bin for you if like?' ... We had over 50 friends and relatives who attended that night some of who were regulars and will not be returning to the leopard inn any time soon! You don't deserve the business.

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Emmalisa21
Stoke on Trent
“Great venue.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've eaten 2-3 times at the Leopard and the menu has always been very good 'home cooked' style food in a varied menu. Can't recall ever having a meal I did not enjoy. Good sized portions, good value for money.The food area is set behind the bar, in a designated area. The only real problem is that food isn't always available every day so it's always best to ring ahead to check before popping down.

The Leopard is a great pub in it's own right with a long history and it is still a very popular drinking pub in Burslem today You can usually find some real ales/ciders amongst the usual suspects.

Well worth a visit whether eating or just drinking.

• Visited June 2013