“Raw burger!!!!”

NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Pizza, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tucked away, hidden from view on a first floor period building within Hanley, you will find something unexpected. Beautifully seasonal cooked food, relaxed surroundings and friendly service. This is NOM.
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Raw burger!!!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Out in town thought we would try Nom, everyone I know has enjoyed the food and said how nice it was. It is really nice inside the staff are pleasant enough however when I went on my first and last visit I asked for a tuna melt Panini, told no tuna, hey ho never mind so I chose a 6" Naked Burger, when it came it looked lovely but when I pulled the knife out it was RAW inside, not pink and not like the lady said it is supposed to be a bit pink inside - so they had it back and grilled it for a while longer, to be honest the bit which was cooked tasted really nice but I couldn't finish it as it had put me off and I felt like I had wasted my money.

2 Thank Jill B
leonburton, General Manager at NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Jill B

Thank you for your review.

I apologise that we had no tuna on the day of your visit but I am glad to hear that the decor was to your taste and the staff were pleasant.

All our beef burgers are all prepared and cooked on site, to ensure fresh quality and a great taste. We serve all our burgers with a hint of pink so that they are juicy, flavoursome burgers. I would be more concerned if your review suggested that the burger was overcooked or burnt as this would obliterate any flavour we strive so hard to create. Whilst I understand the burger maybe a little underdone for yourself, it is how we serve our burgers here at NOM. Similar to a steak, our beef burgers can be served rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done and we can cook burgers to request if asked and we would be more than happy to do this to ensure a happy customer.

As I was on site on the day in question, I can confirm the burger was grilled a little longer for you and back to your table within minutes.

If you would like to drop me an email at leon@nomrestaurant.com, I will issue you a full refund as I understand from your review that you felt as if you had wasted your money. There is always a manager on duty which could of given assurances regarding our burgers and ensured you left happy, but I understand you felt obliged to TripAdvisor your experience first.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Brilliant service, top quality food and lovely surroundings and very very good value for money, we will be returning and I'd recommend anyone to sample this hidden gem

• Visited August 2014
leonburton, General Manager at NOM Restaurant & Bar Hanley, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear NigeStoke

Thank you for such a great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to NOM.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the team.

Hopefully we'll see you again very soon.

“Wowowowowow”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Staff we so so so friendly, relaxed and couldn't be more attentive. Drinks best quality, unique menu choices, brilliant value for money. My meal was absolutely delicious! The place was spotless and beautiful and the atmosphere was lovely and I had the best time I've had eating out for such a long time. I do not know how anyone can say anything bad about this place!

Dear Dmhawk

Wow! Thank YOU for such a fantastic review! It was a pleasure having you dine with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Nom definitely Not”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went to Nom on recommendation for a family gathering were required to pre order food in advance although we were only a small party. The table we was given was in a suitable area not effecting other diners and the restaurant was very quiet for a Saturday night. Service was very good the staff were very attentive ensuring our needs we're met. The food was of average standard and after sending a meal back that wasn't cooked as requested it was then over cooked, other meals were also over cooked I.e vegetable burnt. Won't be recommending this restaurant to others or returning.

Dear Julie C

I am disappointed to see your review as this certainly was not the experience I thought you had on the evening.

For group bookings over 10, it is restaurant policy to ask for a pre-order and deposit to secure bookings. As the majority of our food is freshly prepared and cooked on site, it is for your benefit that we ask for a pre-order to ensure there is no unnecessary wait. I understand, that this policy may not be suitable for some, but our focus is on the "experience" of our diners and the "quality" of the food they eat and we believe requesting a pre-order is the best way to manage this. We have group bookings dining in the restaurant on a daily basis who follow this procedure and leave incredibly happy. We now also have a designated Business Development Manager who looks after our group bookings and deals with organisers directly to ensure that we are as flexible and as helpful as possible.

I am aware that you believed that one steak out of your party of thirteen was undercooked on the evening, in which we swiftly cooked the steak a little further for you. The gentlemen then stated to our waiter that the steak was now cooked right, however, that is was not a sirloin steak that he ordered. I can guarantee that the steak in which you were served, both confirmed by my Head Chef and Butcher was indeed, a sirloin steak. Additionally, he also complained that our steak knives were "too sharp" upon eating the entirety of his steak. At no point did anyone mention over-cooked or burnt vegetables and a check back was performed by our waiter on the evening in question and comment cards left by your party rated food 4/5.

I am sorry that you believe your experience did not live up to the standard we strive to provide here at NOM, however, I do believe your were attentively looked after during your dining experience and I stand by my belief that the food on the evening was certainly up to standard.

If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to email me leon@nomrestaurant.com and I will be more than happy to help.

Stoke on Trent
“Pulled Pork to die for!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent food at a very reasonable price - the pulled pork burger is absolutely stunning - highly recommended.
We'll be back - SOON.

Dear Stokie02

Thank you for such a great review.

I am very proud of our pulled pork dishes as we slow cook the pork for many hours, a long with pulling and marinating the meat ourselves. I am glad you enjoyed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to NOM.