“Moo-tastic”

The Saracen's Head Steakhouse
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Moo-tastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Good sumptuous steaks and friendly service. Smiling waiters and manager with a personal touch. Always a sign of good working morale.

Stoke on Trent
“Excellent food - good prices, great menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

As I don’t eat meat I was initially a little nervous about going to somewhere that describes itself as a “Steakhouse” – and actually I think they sell themselves short by using that title. The Saracen’s Head actually has quite a wide menu and in addition to steaks offers a range of vegetarian and fish dishes – and other meat dishes such as pies. I had tuna and it was delicious – served with the best home-made chips ever! Lovely and crisp and fluffy inside YUM! My friend has the steak pie – and it is something to behold – massive and (I am told) full with really tender steak. I would definitely recommend this place – and if you aren’t a fan of steaks don’t be put off by the name!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nigel_in_Stoke
“It's nice to be valued”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have now visited the Saracens Head a couple of times the food is wonderful and the service can not be rivalled. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way as nothing is to much. The only quibble I had was that the veg is not fresh veg it's tinned and that's just probably me being picky. I fed this back to the manager who was grateful of the feed back. It's good to see a restaurant that accepts constructive criticism to help improve things. The atmosphere is always relaxed and comfortable. To be quite honest I like the over all experience so much I would eat here every day. I like the fact that a place like this has opened on my door step so I don't have to travel miles for good food that's actually been cooked and not microwaved.

• Visited May 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good service Not so good steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went here last month. Found the sevice excellent but unfortunately the steaks let them down. Both me and my partner had tbone steak. Both were shallow fried, overcooked and unseasoned. Really disappointing for a steakhouse. Wont be returning anytime soon.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“good food good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Getting to be regulars at this eatery. Excellent food and service. Cannot fault this establishment.Bettys Diner in Tunstall for breakfast (best in city) Saracens Head for evening meal. Keep up the good work.

• Visited April 2014