“Fantastic coffee and cake!!”
Review of Zest Cafe Bistro

Zest Cafe Bistro
Ranked #39 of 537 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fully Licensed Cafe by day, Bistro / Restaurant by night. open opposite the Regent Theatre offering pre theatre dining, Bistro - Cafe open every day except Sunday & Monday. Modern design, Art Wall displaying local artists works. We cater for Pre Theatre Dining with an Award Winning Al a Carte Menu offering both Tapas through to three course meals. All our food cooked fresh to order, using locally sourced quality produce. We offer takeaway food during normal cafe service, have outside seating available, Free WiFi & customer toilets.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic coffee and cake!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Great Bistro, i visited yesterday to book a table for my partner.

I couldn't resist the cheesecake, so indulged myself on the comfy sofa to cheesecake and latte. It was a real treat.

Great service, thank you.

1 Thank Angie8259
zestcafebistro, Owner at Zest Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thanks for your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your lunch.

Our Cafe Lunch Time Specials Menu is changing shortly, and we shall be adding some great new dishes for you to try.

Hope to see you soon.

UK
“Hidden Gem in Hanley”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Visited Zest through the Wowcher codes and very impressed with the food.

Arrived for Lunch to find our table waiting and a friendly smile from the lady owner.

Had the open steak and horseradish sandwich and the pulled BBQ pork sandwich that tasted amazing.
A little bit of a wait as the food is prepared and cooked fresh for you, no fast food here, and you can tell it's fresh by the taste !
Served with home made wedges and home made coleslaw that was crisp and crunchy to eat.

The service was excellent, very friendly and we will definitely return now that we have found this hidden Gem in Hanley

1 Thank Mick B
Thanks for your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your lunch.

Hope to see you soon.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“What a find, shame we are not local”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were visiting the Regent theatre as my daughter was performing there and I'd done a run out in the week and was advised by the theatre box office that zest do meals before shows.
I popped in for a coffee and was taken aback by the friendlyness of the owners and the stylish relaxing atmosphere.

I booked a table for two for the Saturday evening and I have to say the food was of the utmost quality and cooked to perfection. I've travelled all over the world in my work and personal life and this was by far the tastyest salmon I'd ever had.

Generous portion sizes and
great value I hope my daughter does more shows at the theatre opposite so we can return.

2 Thank qualitygirls
zestcafebistro, Owner at Zest Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Wow. Thanks for such a great review. Glad you got to enjoy both the Cafe & Bistro.

As our menu changes on a regular basis, we don't always have Salmon on the menu as we shop for what is available based on quality & freshness, and must admit we have been spoilt with the Salmon this week. I will pass your compliments to our fishmonger.

We hope you get the chance to visit again soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Best in Town? Possibly...”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Hanley is a disaster when it comes to trying to find some quality lunchtime food. Don't want fast food, pizza, or some mass produced - luke warm rubbish. Zest cafe bistro was none if this! Home cooked and lovely. I had a pulled pork sandwich, my wife had an open steak sandwich, both had a nice glass of cider on a sunny day. Great. For what it was - lunch in a bistro cafe, it was good. Homemade wedges and coleslaw - all served on a wooden chopping board. Nice touch. Only comment, steak was a little on the fatty side - but all in all - very, very nice. Definitely recommend, Definitely visit again.

1 Thank PhilAndrea13
zestcafebistro, Owner at Zest Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thanks for your outstanding review. We really appreciate your comments, being from a seasoned Trip Advisor Reviewer.

We noted your comment on the Open Steak Sandwich, when we slice the meat, just prior to cooking, we do leave a bit of the fat on it, as this does add to the flavour, next time if either of you have the Open Steak Sandwich just ask and we will do it a bit leaner for you.

Hope to see you in Zest soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not child friendly!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We went for a meal there & we were told my kids were welcome as long as they did not disturb other guests. No highchairs or smaller seats for children and really cold atmosphere from the staff! Will not be going there again as did not feel we were treated like valuable customers.

1 Thank Hazey2
zestcafebistro, Owner at Zest Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

You phoned to make a booking for a table at 7.30pm and stated you have voucher for two for dinner, and did ask if you could bring two young children with you. I did enquire about their ages and you said 1 & 2. Although I thought it strange to bring two children at that age out at that I time I said fine provided that they were well behaved and did not disturb other guests.

When you arrived some 40 minutes late for your table with two children in your arms I was taken back as I would have thought at least the littlest one should have warmly tucked up in something and sleeping.

You did not enquire if we had high chairs when booking! As you would have been advised that we don't.

Then came the surprise, you produced a lunch time voucher, not a dinner one. I advised you of this and you said you had travelled to come here and seemed genuinely disappointed. So I said we will honour it and you could choose off the lunch time menu.

Therefore we went out of our way to accommodate you, but then your well behaved children one started crying through out your dinner and the older one was allowed by yourselves to wonder around the restaurant touching things on other tables etc. and the owner had to remove some object that was like to fallout of the childs hand and break whilst you were enjoying your meal.

We have quite a few guests, and some regular guests that do bring well behaved children here and are most welcome, and feel they are welcomed. But it should not be up to the restaurant staff or owners to try and keep your own children in check. But in my humble opinion, which probably should have not been out at that time of night at all.

You did not complain about the food, so therefore I assume it meet with your approval.

Sorry you found the need to make your first ever Trip Advisor Review a negative one, but I hope you find more understanding and accommodating venues to visit in the future.