Tollgate Hotel & Leisure
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
Quality Inn(Hanley)
US$63
US$59
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$79
Priceline
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
Priceline
Best Western Stoke East(Stoke-on-Trent)
US$99
US$84
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa family run hotelalton towerscooked to orderfamily roomwatch tvon arrivalfull englishthe main hotelshower pressurequiet locationrecommend this hotelleisure centrespecial thanksroom was largenothing too much troublebooked this hotelstayed one night
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed for three nights in April and had a good time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the full english breakfast was perfect. The aera is very quiet and a few kilometers outside the citycentre, so we used the nice little hotelbar for a drink before bedtime. The rooms are a few years old, but as long as they are nice and clean, I don´t care. Nice hotel, not so nice city.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stay at this hotel even although my business visits are 40miles away. It is very friendly, free internet access, nicely stocked bar and a great full english breakfast. The rooms are reasonable size and have extra towels, pillows and blankets. Room temperature is always fine too. I go the extra mile to stay here and so does the management and staff. Always easy to book and a nice warm welcome. I stay in many budget and premium hotels through my business travel but to be honest Tollgate is my favourite.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor so there is no-one directly above you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I booked the hotel as it had a gym and included breakfast. The hotel was very tired in parts and the staff were very pleasant but the whole thing was very disorganised.
Check in was not a great experience and the room was in real need of a makeover and update throughout. The bed was very hard and the bed had sheets which is old fashioned. The bathroom was old and in need of updating.
The room rate included breakfast but I was only informed at breakfast that the inclusive offer was for continental. I spoke with a waitress who then changed her mind and allowed me to have a Cooked breakfast, however when the breakfast came, I wish I hadn't bothered as it was awful. On checking out I had to wait for a staff member which again was disorganised again.
I wouldn't stay here again as it was a poor experience and not value for money.
When I walked into the room it was very warm and uncomfortable but was unable to turn the temperature down - not good !

Room Tip: Don't book a room here - use one of the larger chains where the price is similar but you know what to expect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
aoldfield, Owner at Tollgate Hotel & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Steve,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We must admit that we are currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme and for you to be moved to another room, all you had to do was ask. Indeed it is most strange that, if the aspects of your stay were as bad as you state, you did not bring ANY of the points you mention to the attention of a duty manager during your stay who could have remedied them there and then.
We are proud of our freshly cooked breakfasts and, as can be seen, your review goes against the vast majority of other guests' reviews on here and other websites.
I am also sure you would wish to have a warm room during the freezing temperatures the UK has recently had, and our room temperatures are FULLY controllable. Again, all you had to do was ask if you were unsure.
We endeavour to exceed our guest's expectations but we realise that this is not possible with everybody, Steve.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Rooms were very dated and bed was lumpy and sagging. Didn't appreciate the contractors smoking weed outside my room...it was somewhat intimidating for a female on my own. The room was also extremely hot and there was no way of controlling the temperature or a window to open to cool it down.
On the plus side it was very clean, the gym facilities and breakfast were decent and the staff were all nice and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review. To address a few of the points you make:-
To be moved to another room, if you preferred one nearer to reception, all you had to do was ask. No specific preference for this was made on your booking.
If a hotel guest was "smoking weed" outside your room then you could have made us aware, in confidence, at the time so we could have dealt with this.
Also, there are fully openable windows at the front and back of our rooms and the heating is FULLY controllable. We'd rather our rooms be nice and warm in December. Again, if you needed any assistance with these during your stay then all you had to do was ask.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Booking was obviously for one female, but ended up in the room furthest away from main building, left me feeling vulnerable in a strange place on my own. Couldn't open any windows because they open up onto walkway, and there was no small window. This was a big deal for me as I like fresh air at night. Room ok. Plenty big enough. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business