“Really Good value for money!”

and 1 more site!
Tollgate Hotel & Leisure
Ranked #3 of 17 Stoke-on-Trent B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really Good value for money!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed here when I was at Alton Towers, the location is quite good and the price I paid was extremely reasonable. It was cheaper than Travelodge and Premier inn and the room quality was better than I've ever had in any of those hotels.

For the room quality and service you really would not class this as a budget hotel. I really liked the touches in the rooms referring to it being a family business, a local business winner and its references to how they try to be environmentally friendly. There was also free Wifi! I've stayed in lots of posh hotels and only a few have had free wifi in the rooms, so was really surprised!

The breakfast menu is really cheap and its even cheaper if you book it the night before. I'm very fussy with breakfasts as I like good quality products and again I was not disappointed! No smart price full English breakfasts here, all good quality stuff!

I don't know how good the evening food was as I dined out, but the menu did look good, again reasonably priced. There is also a gym there which we had access to but again we did not make use of it.

I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

when we got there they were very friendly we had a drink in the bar and went to our room it was very big with a sofa in it, it was a family room for 5 people which was good. bed very comfy had a really good sleep not noisey. breakfast good there was cooked and cereals orange juice and apple juice. will go back when in the area again. the hotel is quit close to chessington world or adventure thats why we stayed there.

Room Tip: family room is very big with sofa
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a business summer BBQ at the tollgate hotel. Service and food were fantastic. Special thanks to Adrian, Lynn and all the staff. We had a fantastic night. We also managed to raise £1200 pounds for charity. A few people stayed over rooms were very clean and comfortable. Had a great nights sleep. Breakfast really nice. Thank you

Stayed July 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room was clean and spacious which was good for the price.
When I checked in I had to go and find someone as reception was closed up and no one about.
The food was nice but the menu was limited.
I did find the younger members of staff in the restaurant and bar a bit too casual referring to me as mate, pal, bud and fella.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank darren h
Isle of Man
Reviewed 23 June 2014

great place if you need a stay over in Stoke on Trent area, friendly staff, more like a motel, big beds, comfy, clean, possibly a bit dated, great breakfast if you book over the phone, breakfast is free. the staff aim to please and are all very helpful. we will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited for one night last Saturday as we were seeing Rod Stewart at the nearby Britannia Stadium.
Arrived early but they were more than happy to allow early check in. Rooms were a good size, and I liked that they overlooked the local cricket ground so we could watch a match that was happening that afternoon!
As you can imagine the whole area was busy due to 25000 people going to the concert, but the hotel staff helped us with getting taxis to the stadium, and we got back in time to head to their sports bar and catch Englands opening game of the World Cup!
Nice people and a good hotel.

Room Tip: All are ok i think
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here over the weeknd as went to see Rod Stewart at the Brittania Stadium. Check in was very quick and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. We had a room near the stairs which we thought would be noisy, but actually it wasnt. Room had everything you needed and was clean, nice touch of 2 free bottles of water, Premier Inn take note. Not sure the room was worth the money but I guess Rod being in town hiked the price. Check out was fairly quick although no one on reception so had to wait. First time I have never been asked "was everything ok". Would I stay again? Only if there were no other options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Tollgate Hotel & Leisure? Share your experiences!