“AT LAST - REAL AUTHENTIC INDIAN FOOD”
Review of Thalii

Thalii
Price range: US$16 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On the recommendation of my neighbour, my partner and I booked a table at Thalii and we were not disappointed.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful when chosing the food. But this is a completely new dining experience. You choose either a small, medium or large meal for a set price. The large meal is plenty for 2 people (indeed, we left some) and costs £21.95. For this you get a choice of 3 starters, then a choice of 4 main courses, chapatis, Bombay mix and dips. You can chose the strength of the food also. We opted for medium spice.
There is plenty of choice for either meat eaters or vegetarian.
They do not have a licence so you can take your own drinks and they don't charge corkage.
Speaking to the staff afterwards we sent our compliments to the chef and were told that the chefs were 2 banglashi ladies (cousins).
When the bill came it was £21.95! Extremely cheap for what came to the table.
We cant wait to go back, but unfortunately I have had an accident and unable to leave the house currently, but just wait until I can get in that wheelchair!
I would recommend you book this restaurant as when we were there they were turning people away and they have not been open long. They have not done any advertising but are always busy by word of mouth, which just goes to show how great the food is.

This is an Indian restaurant you simply must visit. It is on Kings Way, Stoke-on-Trent by the Kings Hall and there is ample parking opposite (you have to pay £1.00 as this is a council car park).

Don't forget to book and take lots of drinks with you!

1  Thank MargaretBall
There are newer reviews for Thalii

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was a little soulless. The opens directly onto the tables so very crafty. The food was ok but no better

1  Thank Anjiib
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Monday, so it of the moment with a a few mates. Had small option which was ample for me and the staff were very helpful. The chicken and potato spring rolls were probably the best thing I've eaten in an Indian restaurant.

1  Thank sarahdipalluzi
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Very helpful, polite, happy to help staff. Food was good.. Try the lesser known vegi dishes and surprise yourself, I did! Next time is have a medium, small was ok but the food was good it left me wanting more! Recommend!

2  Thank Saabuk2000
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spotted this new restaurant on trip advisor and thought we should give it a try.
Very pleased to say that we really enjoyed the overall experience. The food was great- a varied selection of traditional authentic Indian cuisine. Really tasty!
Ambiance was relaxed and friendly.
Service was really very good- cant understand the previous concerns here.
Local Asians eating here is a really good sign- they would normally travel the Brum or Manc for authentic Indian food.
Will be back soon