“Friendly and reasonable prices”
Review of Thalii

Thalii
Price range: US$16 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Friendly and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant on trip advisor. It is friendly, the food is excellent and prices are reasonable. Took a bottle of wine and enjoyed an interesting meal. Not the usual bog standard indian menu, but one offering specially prepared food. Lots of vegetarian choices. We had chicken and lamb, both tasty and moist.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Owen G

“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

What a really friendly restaurant all the staff are lovely, the food was of amazing quality such flavour. The fact you can bring your own drinks is a great idea. After our meal the owner came and chatted with us which made us feel special. I would recommend everyone should try this wonderful place.

2 Thank dazthemanwhocan
Staffordshire, England
“First & Last”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On reading the excellent reviews decided to give this restaurant a try. The restaurant is small & you are closely seated together. The staff are friendly and the menu was explained. Service was quick - maybe too quick? We opted for the large to share as I was not particularly hungry. The starters we had were chicken & fish pakoras and thali kebab - none of which enthralled me. The batter was very thick and the kebab was shaped like a burger, 3 dips are provided and 4 mains, 1 rice & 2 rotis. It sounds a lot but the portions are quite small. The rotis were heavy, the mains were potato with herbs, quite bland, chicken karathi which had the best flavour and a keema, minced lamb again no great taste. Everything arrives together, thali means plate so the food starts to go cold quickly. My rating would possibly be higher but unfortunately after a few hours my husband was violently ill and the next day I didn't feel too brilliant myself. We visited on the Saturday and by Monday my husband ended up in A & E. Can't obviously confirm this was the result of this meal but in few of very little else to eat on that particular day sorry to say we would not risk visiting this restaurant again and the food in any case was not to our taste.

9 Thank Lo2sogo
S_Khalid2014, Manager at Thalii, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience at our establishment and you have given a negative review regarding your experience. We are sorry to hear that your husband had to visit A+E 2 days later. You mentioned in your review on our page that "Cant obviously confirm that this is a result of this meal", This information that you have uploaded that you are unsure about could affect our business so could you please remove this review but by all means comment on the food and the service that was provided.

Regards
The Thalii Team
London, United Kingdom
“Indian Food at its Finest”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I decided to visit this restaurant base on previous reviews and was not to be disappointed. It was my 1st visit to Stoke en route to Alton towers so was a little sceptical. I went here on a Friday evening at around 8:30 with my wife and 2 year daughter. Upon arrival I was politely taken to my table. Initially we was going to order a small thali each but was informed by the waiter we would be better off ordering a large thali between the two of us. This comprised 3 starters, 4 main, rice, 2x chapatti and salad and cost £22. For starters I ordered chicken tikka, aloo tiki, kebabs. I would definitely recommend trying the aloo tiki and chicken tikka. For main I ordered lamb Karahi, chicken Karahi, aloo gobo and masoor daal. This was all served at the same time and initially the portion sizes looked small but was deceiving. I could not fault any of the curries and tasted like my mothers as I myself come from a Pakistani background. By the end of it I was stuffed and there was still a lot of food remaining. I would also like to state that the waiter staff were excellent. My daughter was grumpy after a long 2:30 hr drive. She was crying and the waiter staff first offered her some sweets and smarties but she wasn't having any of it. She wanted a kinder egg. The waiter then decided to go to the shop to buy her a kinder egg. This was such a lovely gesture and one that I will remember for a very long time. I would definitely recommend trying this great indian cuisine if you're ever passing Stoke.

4 Thank YazzyQasam
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just been on our first visit to thali. Lovely intimate little restaurant, brilliant concept, enabling you to try a little of everything that takes your fancy. Stylish restaurant, attentive staff, nice ambience and excellent quality food at a brilliant price - take your own alcohol keeps the cost down too. Highly recommended and can't wait to return to sample some more dishes.

1 Thank Luby7lou