“Lovely new hotel”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Warrington, UK
“Lovely new hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Travelled with my husband and little boy.
Room was pretty big, loads of room for us all. Spotlessly clean and the adjacent pub was good for an evening meal.
Only complaint was that we could hear elephants on the ceiling a little earlier in the morning that we would have liked. Not the most soundproofed of hotels in that respect.
Ideally situated for Alton towers and trentham gardens and the monkey forest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

As advertised, one indeed gets one of the best night's sleeps in this place. Me and my wife arrived after a 22 hour long journey and slept for 12 hours straight without any interruptions. The bed was really very comfortable.

The room was small but cozy and comfortable. The TV was the second coolest thing after the bed in the room. It was big and had good channels on it. Moreover they had provided a connectivity panel in front to connect an HDMI, USB or AV cable for your ease.

The morning breakfast buffet served was really good. And the location of the hotel is really really good. It is only at a <10 minutes walk from the city centre. We found several halal eating options in the city centre which was a plus point as well.

There was no full size wardrobe in the room but we didn't really miss it. One thing that I did miss was a room safe. IMO they should also provide a room safe/locker so one could keep their more valuable/important items in it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MugheesAhmed
Surrey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lovely rooms, very clean, comfortable and my family of 3 children were very impressed..staff very friendly and happy to help with anything. Breakfast was fab with a big selection. Will def be staying again in the near future. X

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zoe B
Doncaster, UK
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a large, double room with an additional bed.

The hotel is quite new and this is always the best time to stay at a hotel; the décor, beds, and staff are all at their best!

The rooms are simple but good. They are designed to focus on the important, i.e. a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable bed. Sound-proofing was excellent. Temperature control was fine, although the duvets were a bit too warm. Nice, clean bathroom and shower.

Staff were courteous and there is an adjoining 'Brewer's Fayre' restaurant, which supplies simple bar food and reasonable breakfasts.

Decent value-for-money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in Premier Inns before and have always recommended them as the main beds are so comfy and the amenities are excellent for the price. This time I was with my partner and two girls and we booked a family room with breakfast (a great feature with two under 16s free for every adult!) We arrived quite late (around 7.30pm) after horrendous traffic on route, and dumped our bags before heading out to eat. The room had two beds set up for the girls, one looked like the chaise longue that had a mattress on it and the other a camp style folded leg bed. When we returned to the room we left the girls to get settled whilst we went to the bar, and when we checked on them found that they were in the "big" bed because both of the others were too uncomfortable. My partner decided to book a separate room as he could not sleep on either of the beds available either, and I drew the short straw of staying in the room with the girls. I did not sleep a wink all night. We were there for Alton and my day was a little spoiled by how horrendously tired I was, and then I had a long drive back to Newcastle at the end of it!
I mentioned the fact that I hadn't slept to the receptionist on check out and all she did was chide the girls for taking the comfy bed! So much for the good night guarantee.
I am sorry to have to write bad points but I feel that Premier Inn need to address this issue, as ALL beds should provide a good night's sleep, not just some of them.
The service in all other respects was good and the room(s) and hotel were clean and quiet, but this has made me question whether I would risk staying there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cleoc4t
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were very impressed with this recently opened Premier Inn (opened Feb 2014). It is modern, clean and well decorated. Rooms seem a little larger than in other Premier Inns we have stayed in and we have stayed in at least 20 over the past few years. The 40" flat screen TV was a bonus and was easy to watch when lying in bed. The bed was very comfortable. Although it is situated next to a main road we did not hear any noise from the road. The staff were friendly and helpful and the Premier Inn Breakfast was excellent value for money. We had dinner and breakfast in the adjacent Brewers Fayre restaurant and although not one of our favourite restaurant chains the food was good and the staff and service were very good. I would definitely recommend this Premier Inn. It is well situated with easy access to the City Centre and other local amenities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debby M
Stanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a stopover on the way to the southwest from the northeast.This is an easy location to find without the use of "satnav" for on old technophobe like me.The hotel was very good,with everything you need for a stay over like ours.this is a newly built hotel so everything is new and clean and comfortable.The surrounding facilities (two supermarkets,petrol station,fast food outlets etc and brewers Fayre means you have everything you need to hand.It would be a good base for a longer stay to. All this plus very nice,friendly staff and a good (quiet) night sleep make this a good place to stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
#1 of 1 in Burslem
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel? Share your experiences!