“Mr shaffer let us down”
Review of Shaffers - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We booked a work lunch out for 20 people, pre ordered food a week in advance. On arrival they were clearly understaffed, but what we didn't realise until later was that shaffer was on his own. It took over 2 hours for the food to come out, pathetic considering we'd pre ordered. If that wasn't enough they got at least 5 meals wrong, serving up wrong curries/meals. The food was good but the service shocking, the guy then tried to say it was our fault that the food took so long, we asked for discount and got offered a free drink. Shocking. What a let down. Wouldn't bother going again

1  Thank handleyr

Reviewed 24 March 2011

Dont get me wrong this isn't a bad restaurant, however the bad thing is that there isnt much of an option, and there isn't much desserts available either. Also it can get a bit tight because of the sitting, it would be better if they opened up the restaurant instead of just using one side, however its food is good. i woudnt say excellent, but nothing to complain about! Also students get 20% so good for budget, however i didnt know that until after i went so bad luck for me!

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I think theis place has had a recent name change but the food and staff is still the same.
My second time at this restaurant. I first visited this place just before xmas. The service just gets better. The waiter really looked after me and my mum and even gave us a bottle of wine on the house.
I like trying new dishes and the waiter was very helpful in helping me to decide. I have found the ideal place to go for an indian in stoke.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

I love love love this place, I've been lots of times - always for special occasions as it's such a treat! Have never had a bad meal and aways try something new so have sampled many dishes and they have never let me down! It's such an unlikely location, but it really is lovely in my opinion. Modern decor and funky tunes.

Reviewed 8 March 2010

At first i was unsure about this restaurant. My partner goes there regularly with her work collegues. I took her there on her birthday last weekend. I was really pleased with the service and the food was 10/10. The best curry i have had in ages. The staff were really friendly and the resturant has a unique style.. definately an upmarket kind of place. I will be dining there again in the near future.