“family meal”

Brindley's Lock
Ranked #92 of 559 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The brindleys lock has been reinvented by its new tennants, now its is a well talked about venue with great food weekend entertainment, theme nights and a well established mature clientele. A family friendly atmosphere allows families with children to enjoy there time together untill 9pm at which time its adults only and over 21s is there target customer. Its defanetely worth a try.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went for a family meal yesterday, 9 of us from 3 different generations. Lovely atmosphere, clean and welcoming. All of the meals were hot and tasty, served by friendly and pleasant staff. Very reasonable prices with a selection of meat and vegetarian meals. We all really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be returning-thank you to everyone there.

Raymond Paul D, Manager at Brindley's Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

thank you for your comments it is very nice to know our efforts are being appreciated.
we always do our best to make our customers stay a happy one.
Ray

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Visited for a family meal which we all enjoyed. Great service and friendly waitress. Very large portions of lasagne and hunters chicken, the veg stroganoff was, as another reviewer has commented, an unusual browny colour. Great to have a local pub serving good food and beer.

The only slightly off-putting thing was the TV screen which listed the rules of the pub - no swearing, keep kids under control etc. - common sense really and not something we needed to see over and over again, I'd suggest they use the screen to promote themselves more.
Will eat there again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Have only been since the revamp, so can't compare to how it used to be, but really enjoyed the meals I've had there. Staff are friendly and food is reasonably priced

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Just had a fantastic meal cooked 2 perfection make u so welcome here great all round try it u will not be disappointed thank u including the staff great x

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We've been here several times on different days and generally on a Sunday the food and service are quite good but in the week (especially afternoon or early evening) it's been a different experience. I've avoided putting a negative review as the owners are lovely and the decor and feel of the pub is great but I now think it's time to comment as it's not the first time we've had this experience.
We went at lunch time to find only one other table of two who had already ordered their food. We were not Acknowledged by either of the two staff as we walked to a table. We then waited several minutes before I decided to go myself and ask for menus. Drinks were served fairly quickly but we then had to wait well over 30 minutes before our meals arrived. I just don't understand why it takes so long for an omelette, tuna baguette and a child's pizza? After asking the waitress how much longer we were having to wait, they finally arrived. The child's meal was lovely and enjoyed. The baguette was more mayo than tuna and the chips were awful. I had the omelette which wasn't good either. It was over cooked to the point of being burnt at the edges and instead of the usual chopped pieces of ham and tomato, there was a Whole slice of ham and whole slices of tomato wrapped inside which was very strange for an omelette and again the chips were tiny so therefore hard. I admit that there is a notice inside the menu explaining about different potatoes giving different types of homemade chips but surely if you can't provide an edible homemade chip then you should using a frozen one.
As I have said before, this is not the first time we have had this experience but living quite close we keep giving it another try. I regret to say that we will not be using it again.

Raymond Paul D, Manager at Brindley's Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am very sorry for your experience and I will make sure I find out what happened. As you can imagine we can not be there 100% of the time to keep an eye on things but this is very disappointing to us as we expect our staff to carry on with the standards we require at all times and not just when we are around.
I thank you for your comments as I can now get to the bottom of this and do what ever is required to make sure it does not happen again. once again I am sorry for your experience as we work hard to create a business that makes people happy with our service and product. we have regular staff meetings to discuss how we can improve and it looks like will be having another one very soon.
if we have staff who are not performing correctly we must rectify this or replace them as this is not acceptable, please accept my apology
Ray