“Fantastic year after year!”

The Church Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 559 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for a number of years now, booking a table for between 16 and 20 for our annual training course in Stoke. Diane is always welcoming and goes to great efforts to make sure the event runs as smoothly as possible for us. The meal is always fantastic value and I get lots of very positive feedback from the participants who love the atmosphere and the food. The dessert trolley is always a big hit! It is great to be able to offer my friends such a reasonably priced meal in a venue that would do credit to a far more expensive restaurant. We look forward to coming here every year. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

we visited on father's day with our 4 year old son. The food was lovely (we had chicken and ham suet pudding) and the setting was so unique and pretty. Service was a little slow (and we had to ask for more drinks) but it meant that our mains didn't arrive as soon as we'd finished our starters which we would prefer. we would definitely recommend & visit again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went when it was the tarot reading was a great night out will be going again. Food was nice and love the chocolate lumpy bumpy!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I rang up 3 weeks in advance to book a table for 20 people for my birthday on bank holiday Monday, they were quick to book my table, therefore I invited my family and friends who live quite a drive away from Stoke-on-Trent. I rang a week before my birthday to confirm my table, I spoke to one of the staff and they were able to confirm my reservation
Five days before my birthday the manager rang my phone and she said to my partner they had to cancel my reservation. I rang the manager soon after to talk to her, she was very rude to me, I asked her why she cancelled my reservation she said that she could not get the staff to open on the bank holiday. "I can't just magic the staff, I really dont know what you want me to do" She had 3 weeks to ring me back to let me know that they could not do my reservation.
It is absolutely disgraceful. She did not care about how I felt, nor did she apologise from being rude and horrible. I asked her why she even took my reservation, and her response was "It wasn't me that took it, it was one of my staff, I dont really know why they took the reservation"
It really upset me that I had 5 days to change all of my plans. Luckily I was able to make a reservation at a fantastic restaurant, where my fiancée proposed to me.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, as the manager is very rude and talking to the manager was appalling.
I have told everyone I work with and know to not go or even bother with booking a table to this restaurant.

15  Thank esh_26
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Absolutely disgusted by the manager of this restaurant!! I phoned to book a table here and stated that I had a gormet card - she told me that they did not partake in this offer any longer. I went on to tell her that The Church was stated on the Gormet Society Site and therefore it was false advertising - however I would still like to book a table.
She telephoned me back half an hour later and told me that she would like to cancel my booking because of my attitude!!!!! I stated again that I was only pointing out that it was on the gormet website and that it should be removed. Again she said they did not partake in this offer and would like me to refrain from coming to the restaurant!! I was never rude once - just merely pointed a fact out!!
I will NEVER visit this restaurant again - what happened to customer service!!!

14  Thank MrsJackson999