“Some cracking meals to be had”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #11 of 535 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Some cracking meals to be had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

It's not getting a perfect score as we had one bad meal, but, the manager was fantastic and very attentive and made me promise to give them another go (and didn't charge a penny) we came back and we were not disappointed, two of the best cooked 12oz sir loins were served which were outstanding. I went back with work and had a chateaubriand and wow, yes it was £40 but I have never tasted steak like it, it's something everyone must have if you are a steak lover

Visited September 2013

Staffordshire, UK
“Fantastic Steak and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had a business lunch here this week in a group of 3 of us. We were seated quickly and we had a plate of Nachos to start. These were very nice and they went down a treat. Now onto the main course, I had a Fillet steak medium with all the trimmings. It was superb and definitely one of the best steaks I had eaten, it was full of flavour and I would definitely recommend going here.

• Visited October 2013
Leek, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Visited Miller and Carter several times.Steak obviously the speciality and tends to dominate the menu.A strange accompaniment of a iceberg wedge and sauce is served before the steak, doesn't really work, palate cleansing apparently.
Good value meals
Children's menu adequate

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just not amazing ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Heard good and bad things about this place and driven past many times and thought wow it looks a spectacular building so it's got to be worth a go! My expectations were high and on arrival I was not diss appointed the car park was rammed and inside was packed and a good atmosphere. The place itself is very nice inside and out and I thought if the foods as good it's a winner. We were ten minutes early so had a drink in the bar which was busy then we were taken through to our table which didn't feel comfortable and as a couple left there corner table I asked if we could move in which wasn't a problem at all. The starters of belly pork was really nice but no garnish on the rocket and the calamari was too rubbery but ok. Mains of fillet was a let down nothing amazing at all which for a steak house isn't good at all. The rack of ribs was good but again not amazing although the portion would feed two. Our bill was 63 pound which was fair but we didn't have our usual desert as I've heard its standard and no coffee either due to a cinema booking but overall I would defiantly go back as the staff were friendly and service good just the food was in between the good pub grub and fine dine standard, overall 7/10

Oxford, England
“An Ok Steak Only...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Whilst this is a specialist steakhouse, the piece of meat I had was not as good as anticipated.

I was looking forward to a tender cut, but was disappointed to find a long piece of gristle in it.

The service was very good and the staff worked very hard.

Visited September 2013