“Wonderful”

Caruso
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caruso. Our great authentic Italian restaurant offers a unique and welcoming environment in which to share life's best moments with friends and family whilst enjoying our delicious food, dessert and wines. You'll be greeted by the enticing aromas of freshly home cooked meals which has been our focus since we opened our doors over 35 years ago. Italian food has long been synonymous with health, tradition, culture, history and authentic taste. "A tavola non si invecchia.- Italian proverb. Translation: "At the table with good friends and family you do not become old." We have a small but pleasant bar on entering, the menu is served in the restaurant, the feel is warm and welcoming. Rocco the owner, time permitting will greet you and show you to your table, he has been cooking all his life and brings Italian charm and good humour to the table.
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Went to Carusos for the first time this weekend, all i can say is wow. A lovely place to eat, staff were very friendly. Nice surroundings. Food was gorgeous. Nothing was to much trouble. We were brought a free dessert to try, which was homemade tiramissu, it was wonderful. We will definatley be visiting this restsurant again very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Just visited the restaurant and can't talk more highly of it. The last time I remember eating there was on my 16th birthday (although seem to remember we passed it off as an 18th so we could order alcohol), Fast forward 22 years almost to the day and I can't believe I have passed this restaurant by in the car without a second thought almost everyday of my life.
Myself and my partner fancied a quick meal out and I read the other reviews and thought I'd give it a try.
The food was fantasic, full of flavour and served in just the right portions. The service was wonderful. I hadn't seen Rocco since my 16th and when I explained how long it had been I almost felt I was being welcomed back to 'the family'. It made me remember what good service actually is and how lacking it is in todays restaurants.
I will definately be back again this time with my young family (which Rocco insisted we do). Another plus for parents of young ones - a restaurant that actually likes children and has the foresight to realise these are the customers of the future. Congratulations to all the hardworking staff there on making a very special little place indeed.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I love this restaurant and always take our family and friends if they are in Stockton.The propreitor Rcco and the staff have created an intimate atmosphere which is always warm and welcoming. There is a wide choice from the Italian cuisine always something to enjoy., Bravo for Rocco's.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We visited with friends and family for a birthday last year, and couldn't have asked for a better evening. Both my sister and mam have coeliac disease, and often have to take their own pasta to places, but rocco has his own collection of gluten free pasta, which makes things easier for them. We ordered our starters and mains, and fully enjoyed both courses and were all truly stuffed!! As we were trying to leave and pay the bill, rocco came out of the kitchen with a gluten free desert that they'd taken on themselves to do as a birthday treat. And it was such a nice thought, that added even more to a very special evening. I'd advise to pre-book a table, as can get busy on evening, especially during happy hour. We'll definitely be going back for more occasions in future!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I tavel to Italy two or three times a year. Most recently to Rome. I could not find a better Bruschetta anywhere than Caruso's. Family friendly, the staff are attentive to your every need. Main courses are quite delicious. I have recommended many friends to dine here and nobody has ever been disappointed. Book early though!!!!