“We love it”
Review of Butterfly World

Butterfly World
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Such a bargain for a lovely place. Love the flora, such beautiful orchids and butterflies so pretty and so many. Also love the meerkats. Staff very friendly.

1  Thank gill h

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit butterfly world at Preston park with our 2 daughters (7&4) and were not disappointed.

Our youngest daughter has autism and loves all animals and insects so we knew it would be perfect for her.

The butterfly area was beautiful and my girls loved seeing the butterflies a couple landed on my eldest daughters hand and a few landed on our youngest daughters head she was in her element there were some lovely moments.

The second room had some lizards and snakes and some very cute meerkats.

It was very well priced and we will definitely return. afterwards we had a picnic in the park and our girls enjoyed the play area and a nice cream. Lovely family fun :)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My kids were desperate to visit here and it was nice but not overly impressed. Not very big and found the woman on the desk/till quite rude with very little vocabulary. So much so we didn't know where we were ment to go after paying and at no point did she volunteer that info! We actually walked out without seeing the meer cats etc as wasn't really signed very well. We had to go back in to ask where to go! Happy to say I have been but wouldn't return to this part but park and museum is great

1  Thank killyrach
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Didn't Intend to go to butterfly world but as I was wondering around Preston park I came across this wonderful wildlife centre full of beautiful 'Bflys', turned my back for 1 second and already a big Narley creature had landed on my shoulder. Also recommend not to put your hand in the fish pond as the big fish do bite and may drag you under

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have been in other butterly enclosures and seen more and a wider range of species. the whole place to me looked a bit unloved.

2  Thank golferDurham