“Thank you.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were at the Vane Arms for a 70th birthday we had our starter which I have to say was lovely the waiters were lovely too however just as the food arrived my son collapsed I have to say the staff were brilliant they took the food to keep it warm when they realised we couldn't come back in the food was wrapped for everyone to take home and I have to say it was lovely the birthday boy was given a voucher for 2 for a 3 course meal which I would like to say thank you so much.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Visited mid week, a party of four, lovely welcome from bar staff, white wine £4:70, cappuccino £3:25,(a nice bean), fosters £3:33, rose £3:75.
The décor, was a little strange, wooden floors, tables & chairs, brick walls & then garish wallpaper on fire breasts, it just looked unfinished.
We were seated & ordered our food, the owner was very pleasant & took a little time to introduce herself & give a little back round to how she & her husband came to own the pub.
Our starters were lovely, the scotch egg & piccalilli,£5:50 was a winner as were the sardines £6:50.
Mains fish pie £12:95 was nice, but for the price the serving could have been larger, served with vegetables, all mixed up on one serving dish to share for all. The liver & bacon was delicious £12:95.
Beer battered cod & 8 chips!!! were just so, so, £12:95 definitely not worth the cost. The vane burger wasn't anything to write home about £11:50, again very pricey for what it was.
The young lady behind the bar, helped serve the food, we all thought she was pleasant, but definitely lacks decorum, we felt we were at a fast food, greasy spoon, the way our food was served, not walking to the customer, but leaning in front of others to pass the food. Don't like to be referred to as, "guys or fella's either".
All in all, we tried it, but not going to rush back.

1  Thank JELLYSWEETS
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Have had lunch and dinner here on separate occasions. The same attentive service and very good home cooking. Very good value for money.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here on Saturday night with my wife and two friends and we were all pleasantly surprised at both the quality of food and standard of service. Having never visited before we found that the place was absolutely packed and there was a fantastic atmosphere about.
The staff were excellent and encouraged us to taste both the real ales on offer as well as allowing us to sample a white wine that best suited our tastes.
The sourdough bread was fantastic with a varied seafood platter. My venison steak was perfectly cooked and it was accompanied with some unusual pearl barley and wild mushrooms, tastey!
My fellow diners assured me that the desserts were just as good as the rest of the meal, but I must add that the coffee that I finished with was superb! Definitely worth trying!
Overall we had a wonderful night and we will be back, many thanks.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Love the new menu. Food and service was excellent. Very good value for money. Will be returning for more.