“Good for a budget.”

Metro Inns Teesside
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

You have to factor in the price in this place. It's very cheap and very basic. That said and bearing in mind it cost £8 each per night it is fantastic. Found the staff cheerful and anything they could help with they did. Not noisy as been described when we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed here last weekend for one night, for a night out in Thornaby with the girls. The beds were clean and comfy, very basic rooms but excellent value and I would book again. The reception guy was a bit of a misery guts but we just laughed it off. Going to our room along the corridors there were work boots outside almost every door, which suggests a lot of contractors stay there. The location in an industrial estate feels a bit strange but it doesn't matter. It almost feels like a giant portacabin when walking around it. So in summary great value, clean and basic which suited us fine :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

When booking this hotel I didn't expect much for the price that I paid, a clean and fresh room, comfortable bed and ample facilities would have sufficed but this was not the case as my photos do tell.
Upon arrival at the hotel after hours (upon which I do commend the company for allowing this prior to booking), I was welcomed begrudgingly by the receptionist who checked me in speedily. Upon entering the room I immediately found issues, I find it difficult to understand that when painting a room why nothing was removed or covered i.e. kettle, mirror etc and this still baffles me, as you would at home, so why not in a hotel? where customer satisfaction is paramount. The bed that is shown in their pictures was unlike the one I had which was a futon mattress upon a hardboard base thick with dirt. As the room had no heating when I initially entered, by the morning the room was of ample temperature which was great if you want to spend the whole night cold, which I did not but had too.
Please seriously consider whether you want to stay here, surely it worth spending that little extra (in my opinion I will from now on!!)
The room in question was 109.

Room Tip: Room 109 was an issue.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean with t v in rooms an tea making facility's really good value for money however your not made very welcome on arrival staff are very unpleasant management should pick up on this an gave extra training I notice I am not the only one who as commented on the bad attitude of staff. As for location we wher charged £7.50 into middlesbourgh an £10 back in a taxi so if this is wher you intend to go its properly cheaper booking in a hotel in middlesbourgh

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Iceycold
MetroTeesside, General Manager at Metro Inns Teesside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am glad that you stayed with us again, even though your previous review (from March 2012) suggested you would not. Also it is nice to hear that you find the room cleanliness have improved since your last stay.

I am sorry to hear that you not felt welcomed. I have addressed the problem with all reception staff – I suppose you meant them – and most of them are already undergoing customer service training.

I would like to underline that the taxi charges are completely out of our hands. Charges change according to the time of you travel – after midnight most taxi companies charge more. There is a bus stop thought and it is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Buses run to/from Middlesbrough every 30 minutes between 7AM – 9PM and it costs considerably less than a taxi.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

As the review states it's very cheap and cheerful. Having said that the hotel has undergone an overhaul since the last time I stopped there. The double room I booked a nice comfy bed and a 42" plasma TV on the wall. A lot better than the thin mattress and tiny Tv of old. The wifi internet used to be on a timer. This time it was unlimited. I will return. It's a bit out of the way but that wasn;t a problem as I just got in my car if I wanted to go anywhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
MetroTeesside, General Manager at Metro Inns Teesside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review about your stay at Metro Inns Teesside.
I am happy to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay and you liked the improvements in the rooms.
I fully agree with you, that we are out of the way but unfortunately we can not change our location.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Kind Regards

Katarina Mikusova

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

well it is what it is. cheap pretty clean and staff friendly. best bit is ( if ur a smoker ) u can smoke!! toilets were terrible but through poor manufacture rather than cleanliness. it is compact but for the price fine. had an issue with a light not working and was offered my choice of rooms to swap to immediately. communal area full of staff and their kids most of the time leaving no room for guests but i never wanted to spend time there and they were nice people. highly recommend for a budget traveller not expecting the ritz.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Polish owner and staff were some of the rudest, greedy, impolite, useless hotel staff you will ever find! Garunteed!

After spending nearly £200 for a room which looked and smelt like a prison cell, you would think they would atleast try and smile and greet you as you arrive. I'm certain they didn't even say as much as a thank you, please, good night, or 'hello and welcome'.

I've seen better toilets at festivals, which haven't been cleaned in weeks! There was poo all over the toilet, which also looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. Right next to the shower where you are suppose to wash!

Also, when we went to leave I walked through the reception with all my bags struggling, to find 3 members of staff sat around the table. You would have though that seeing a customer struggling to open the door that they would offer to open it. Oh no! All they cared about was getting out money and carting us out of there as soon as possible.

The list goes on but I already wasted a week of my life in there and I'm not going to waste any more on this review!

In my opinion, it's by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and will certainly not be coming back. BEWARE!!!

If I had a choice I would rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Craig19888
Darren G, Regional Manager at Metro Inns Teesside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am somewhat surprised that you have written the review you have without actually divulging to Trip Advisor the other aspects of your stay which are indeed questionable.

For the record Metro Inns Teesside is not owned by "Polish" it is a UK and Ireland based hotel chain.

I have spoken to our Managers who have advised me of some issues regarding your stay which I will not elaborate on here as this would of course be highly unprofessional.

However please be advised that in light of your comments and the issues we encountered with you and your other guest I will not be highlighting them on this third party site for the aggrieved.

Furthermore had your review contained more accurate information I would ofcourse dignified it with a response and I am not prepared to do this.

Yours

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Mid...
#1 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
Highfield Hotel
Highfield Hotel
#10 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Hartlepool Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Har...
#3 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Jurys Inn Middlesbrough
Jurys Inn Middlesbrough
#3 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Best Western Parkmore Hotel
Best Western Parkmore Hotel
#6 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Metro Inns Teesside? Share your experiences!