“Basic, but clean and great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metro Inns Teesside

Metro Inns Teesside
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Basic, but clean and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Last minute booking a bit concerned that it was not possible to find a clean hotel for £25 for a double room. However, I was very surprised that it was great value and clean. It is close to the Tees Barrage White Water Centre reason for stopping. The only negative was passing through the smoke from the smokers when first entering the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were really worried about visiting this hotel after reading the reviews. We came as part of a gymnastics club for a festival in Middleborough. There were 40 kids plus some parents. Well we were all pleasantly surprised. The main thing for me is that it is clean, and it was. Yes there are people drinking at reception on arrival, but when we looked over they smiled and didn't give any bother. All the ladies on reception were friendly and smiled. The rooms are dated but we had a clean room, a bed and a telly plus tea and coffee facilities. I believe we got more than what we paid for to be honest.

The toilet and shower were usually wet due to the self-cleaning facility, but they were cleaned often and we had no issues. All of us had a good shower, with hot water and nobody had any issues. I think the worst thing for us was the smell. We were on the non-smoking wing yet it reaked of smoke and a strange musty smell. Once we opened the window for a while, this was no longer an issue.

On our first night, whoever was in the room next to us had music on their television, and although it wasn't loud, it kept us awake until gone 5am. Due to the place the Telly's have been fitted on the walls, they are back to back with the bed and bunkbed of the next room and this means you can hear every word of the TV and it is literally side by side to you. My little girl was trying to sleep in the bunk bed and she struggled due to the TV being by the side of her head.

All in all though, for what we paid we were happy. We would go back again if needed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and it's clean. The staff were so nice and welcoming. It's just right for visiting family. We would like to thank Dom the night Manager for the wake up calls we would have missed the bus home if it wasn't for him ( thanks Dom) we will now only be using this hotel unless the swallow hotel opens back up lol thanks peeps love C&C

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We checked out today after our third visit to this hotel. My husband is originally from the local area and so we were aware of it's location on an industrial estate and I have to say this is no bad thing, there is no street noise from passersby or early morning deliveries as there often is at city centre locations. It is also very conveniently located to access the A19.
Before our first visit I was dubious about the shared toilet and shower facilities but they have always been very clean and there are plenty meaning we've never had to wait.
Although the decor is a little tired the rooms have always been clean.
On this occasion we stayed for four nights. The staff couldn't have been more friendly. They spoke each time we passed, moved us to a quieter area when they realised we were a family and even left chocolates in our room for the children.
Yes, there are polish workers staying at the hotel who were, at times, smoking outside the entrance but this happens many places nowadays because of the ban on smoking inside. Cheap hotels appeal to workers and travellers are surely aware of this.
This is by far the cheapest hotel in the area and guests should have realistic expectations. We choose to stay here because all we are looking for is a clean bed and a hot shower. We regularly stay in hotels all over the country and have paid much more for not any better service or accommodation.
We have booked again for July when we will be back in the area again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jennie r
Halifax, Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a very basic hotel that rather reminds me of a college dorm. The rooms are small and a bit cramped, but at least there's a t.v. to watch and it's cheap. Great for students or travelers on a tight budget. The showers are down the hall from the rooms so if you're insistent on having a private shower then this is not the place for you. If you're traveling by bus or train this is very out of the way in/near an industrial park. Not impossible to get to but you have to walk 5 to 10 minutes to get to the nearest bus stop.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Book this on line as it accepted my two small dogs and was reasonably priced,when I got there I knew why,I was greeted with silent stares by singlet,beer swilling Polish workman who lined the entrance tables!!,it STANK of sweat and fags and though I went no further than the inside lobby where I told the reception I would not be staying there.the place was filthy, I wouldn't let them pay me to stay there.although I had made a 7 hour journey, but would rather have slept in my car!!

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Lesley S

Travellers are raving about these Stockton-on-Tees hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I booked a room at this hotel and THEN looked at the reviews. Honestly I was worried!
I can see why people are put off by the look of the place, as when the taxi pulled up, I wondered what I had let us in for....but I was pleasantly surprised.
I was staying there on a Saturday night with a friend and had booked a twin. When we got to the room, it was a double... had a word with the woman on the desk and after the guy who was obviously in charge had a look, they got us a twin. They have got rid of the door codes as mentioned in other reviews, it was a key.
The room was very clean, with nice clean sheets, towels, hair dryer, kettle, tea and coffee. plus a massive TV! There was a basin in the room, of which the drain admittedly smelt a little, but that went away after the tap had been running for a couple of minutes.
There was a selection of takeaway menus in the reception, we ordered a delivery to the hotel no problem and the delivery guy was sent up to the room with the food. We asked for forks on the night and more milk in the morning and they were very accommodating.
The toilets are... different.... they are basically like a super-loo but in a hotel. For each of the colour-coded "wings" there are a number 2 toilets and a shower. They have lights above the door, telling you whether to enter or not and they clean themselves after each use. This can mean that the floor is wet - so make sure you wear your shoes! The most off-putting for me as a woman was that there is no toilet seat!
There were noises at night and in the morning, but nothing that stopped us getting to sleep or that woke us up.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Mid...
#2 of 8 in Stockton-on-Tees
Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees West Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees Wes...
#3 of 8 in Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Hartlepool Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Har...
#1 of 8 in Stockton-on-Tees
Claireville Hotel
Claireville Hotel
#6 of 8 in Stockton-on-Tees
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square

Been to Metro Inns Teesside? Share your experiences!