“Wish we lived local”
Review of The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Wish we lived local”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We love this restaurant. We live an hour and a half away but make special trips as the food is so delicious. I love the ambience the airy living room feel. The menu is so good with lovely curries, mexican, Italian different beers and wines. I had the enchilada as did my niece, we both loved it gorgeous wholemeal tortilla, tasty mexican lentil filling topped with a tasty toasted cheese. The salad it was served with was so fresh and had a tasty dressing. My husband and his mum had delightful fluffy omelettes that he said were so tasty. We always have pudding if mains are good and they were also so delicious sauces on sticky toffee pudding and ice cream were so creamy and sweet. We had a local cherry brandy and loved this. We will try to return soon. Service excellent.

• Visited July 2013

“Great food let down by the service...”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

My father in law decided to treat his long term veggie son and I to a veggie meal... as much as I as a veggie of 14 years am loathe to give such a place a poor review I felt embarassed by the service. The waitress sneered and giggled when my father in law asked for a beer and said 'which one' rather than showing him the options. The service was sooooo slow I had to approach a waitress to ask for the dessert menu. We had at least 3 different servers during the 90 minutes. The food was fantastic but given the choice between 2 options at my usual Italian where the (limited) options are tasty,the service is outstanding and my elderly father in law would not be laughed at (seriously the girl giggled) for not knowing the ins and outs of the guest ales. I know where I would rather go. I am so dissappointed by the fact that I finally got my family to 'go veggie' and was let down by slow and sometimes rude service.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank lizaml
“Lovely food as always”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I attended the waiting room with my hubby for his birthday(can i add he is very much a meat lover!)& as always the food was Fab. Id informed the staff it was his bday&they decorated his dessert with a birthday message,which was very kind of them. We loved coming to the waiting room as we find it relaxed&love the foods.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Oasis in a Desert (Pt 2)”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Haven't had a chance to visit for sometime so was so glad to find that little if anything had changed! The dining room is slightly bigger but the food, was as good as it ever was! Even the 2 carnivores in our group "loved" their lunches! The organic ales were also very tasty and so all in all a great lunch was had!

One minor quibble and, I understand the need for ventilation, but could something be done to stop the fly's hovering around the food! Perhaps mesh over the windows?!

However, this aside surely The Waiting Room continues to prove its no mirage in the Tees Valley area!

• Visited June 2013
“You are not welcome here”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We live locally and have 2 veg family members and would normally be here at least twice a month. However after being told, when the resturnat is half full at resturant 9.30pm that we were not able to have dessert and some wine we will never visit. What resturant is not interested in serving customers at 9.20 on a Friday night!!!