“Enjoyable dinner”

Seafood & Grill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafood & Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$15 - US$64
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bus stop on Fort Green car park.
Description: The Seafood & Grill restaurant is a wonderful place to relax and soak up panoramic views along the beach, whatever the time of year, though if you are lucky enough to visit during summer, you can take full advantage of the sea-facing al fresco terrace. It has a relaxed ambience and restaurant staff are slick and friendly. Menus at the restaurant at The Brudenell Hotel are full of seasonal produce, sourced from local suppliers. Head chef James Barber is responsible for creating the appealing modern European dishes on offer; his specialty is good honest food done well, like salt beef hash with a fried egg and sweet potato fries, or his own version of fish and chips. The extensive wine list offers the discerning drinker plenty of choice, and good value for money.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Took my wife for a surprise treat and we were not disappointed. The starters of prawn for me and mackerel pate for my wife were big hits but the lobster main my wife had was a big winner. Would advise all to try the good truly delicious .

• Visited May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leiston, United Kingdom
“James' first go at a "Starters and Puddings" night for the coop girls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

11 girls from the local Coop had a lovely time at The Brudenell, we had a choice of 10 starters and 10 puddings, each person choose 4 courses, we had 5 courses really, breads, oils, olives to start, tea/coffee and hand made chocolates to finish. the dishes were beautifully cooked and well presented, set in the avocet room, a private function room, with a large bay window overlooking the sea.
the evening ended on a high as we all sat there watching the lightning storm out to sea, very dramatic. the chef got 11 kisses and we have booked again for an autumn starters and puddings

regards Christine and all the girls x

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner was a hit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had booked the seafood grill as a surprise dinner for my partner on his birthday. The atmosphere was informal and relaxed but the service professional, despite the young age of most of the staff. We were welcomed, coats taken and a drink offered which we enjoyed in the lounge with a view of the sea. Orders were given and we were called through to our table - complete with the champagne ordered on line at the time of booking - once our starters were ready.
The food was excellent: I had two courses of very fresh seafood, my partner had pork which he said was delicious. As a final flourish, when I asked for the bill, they brought out a birthday plate of strawberries and chocolates with two of the waitresses singing happy birthday. One slightly embarrassed but rather pleased partner!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience, poorly managed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I are in our late forties, live within an hours drive and were considering booking a romantic weekend away for my birthday. We decided over the bank holiday in May to visit to see if it was as good as the reviews, to enjoy a meal and to book our room whilst there.
On arrival we found ourselves a table in the sun outside, studied the menu that was on the table and waited to attract the attention of a waiter. Two waiters had seen us but despite this we sat for about 20 minutes. Another couple came and sat at a table beside us and after a further 5 minutes, unbelievably and to our amazement the waiter went and took their order!!! He did then ask us if we wanted to place an order.
I asked for two decaf latte and two croissants with jam, we could not have the croissants as they had none left, which is fair enough and cannot be helped. I then requested 2 sausage baps instead and again was told I could not have these as it was 10.45 am? We settled for spiced tea cakes with jam and butter out of desperation.
On reading the menu again it clearly stated the sausage baps were available between 7am and noon, so why we couldn't have them I do not know.
After another 10 minutes our order arrived, I asked the waiter if the lattes were decaf as I have a heart condition that is seriously affected by caffeine and he said they were. The reason I asked was that the waiter that had taken our order did not write anything down. The tea cakes had no jam with them so my husband had to go into the hotel and ask and by the time the jam arrived they were cold but we just ate them as by this time we had given up, they were not spiced either!! You have also probably guessed but no, the lattes were clearly not decaf either as within half an hour I could tell.
An absolutely appalling experience from what is meant to be a first class hotel. Needless to say we did not book a room as they could not even get the basics right, it wasn't even that busy and clearly the staff had no idea of what they were doing. I emailed the hotel to their direct email address but they did not even respond which I find extremely arrogant. This is the first time I have ever complained so that in itself should tell you something.

1 Thank John F
BrudenellGManager, General Manager at Seafood & Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear about your visit and that this is the first time it has come to my attention. I apologise as we have not seen an email from you. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you directly, please contact me at the hotel on 01728 452071 or re-email me with your details directly, on generalmanager@brudenellhotel.co.uk. I will be at the hotel today.
Kind regards
Peter
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Lovely on a sunny day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I liked the setup of the restaurant both inside and outside. A good menu and food was very good also.

Visited May 2014