“Fantastic fathers day meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Bleue

Brasserie Bleue
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Bleue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our new Bar and Brasserie has been inspired by a modern desire to return to simple, 'back to basics' food, offering freshly prepared dishes, contemporary, informal surroundings and impeccable service. We hope the whole family will enjoy dining with us. From fresh fish bought from Dean's Shed, situated on the beach opposite the White Lion, to smoked kippers sourced from Pinney's of Orford, every ingredient used in the exciting dishes which feature on the new menu, has been 'hand picked' to guarantee an abundance of flavours - Bon Appétit.
Aldeburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic fathers day meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family treated me to a meal at the White lion hotel Aldeburgh for fathers day this year, We had a fantastic afternoon the staff were great and treated us well. The food was all cooked to perfection, the drinks selection is good for adults and children, I must admit myself and my team of HM coastguards at Aldeburgh use the White lion for our Christmas parties each year, This is a Fantastic hotel for all occasions and we strongly recommend you visit it.

• Visited December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely beach front location, excellent, friendly service and lovely food. This an excellent place for dinner, great menu, especially the food choices. Could do with more healthy options for kids.

• Visited July 2014
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Disappointed, yes, After reading about the White Lion in one of the Suffolk Magazines in the Hotel we were staying in, looked forward to dinner from the "new ex sous Chef " from various well rated eateries. "Must do better" springs to mind. restaurant looks good with open airy areas with at first glance a good atmosphere, All good so far. I ordered a large dry white, which was not at all cold, not a great start, but not end of world, ordered King Prawn on mango/chilli starter, which had next to no taste, prawns were fine though. Then my usual fear in ordering steak, as it approaches we all look in anticipation as it is set in front of you, hoping for a larger more succulent steak than the one that always seems to be laid in front of you ( why is that ? ) 10oz I am sure is open to discussion ! is it when it taken out of fridge, is it when it is cut off of the larger Butchers Joint, is it after it is cooked , I give up. I digress.
Yes, you've guessed, the 10oz Rib Eye, not only looked thin & uninspiring , it was tough and full of sinew & fat, terrible, eventually, not charged for after being asked the regulatory " was everything OK with your meal " their look of surprise when you say " well actually No " always surprises me, believe me, I do not complain for the sake of it, my motto, if asked, be honest !
I could go on to the oily, burnt onion rings, we'll just leave it there.
Like I say "MUST DO BETTER ", trendy, bar/waiting staff, glass doors as you walk min are not enough.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DaveGG6497AL
Harwich, United Kingdom
“A wonderful venue for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I, along with my husband were recently treated to lunch at the White Lion in Aldeburgh in
Suffolk. We found the staff very helpful and was given a table by the window. I had a starter of smoked mackeral pate and a main course of sea bream, both of which were delicious.

I noticed from a leaflet on the table that they do lots of various themed evenings including
ladies lunches and the prices all seemed very reasonable.

We did have to wait quite a time for our food to arrive but it was worth the wait.

I would recommend The White Lion for excellent food and good service and I look forward to going there again.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of Suffolks best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Living in Suffolk you gradually get to know all the best places to eat. One of my favourites is the White Lion Hotel in the seaside town of Aldeburgh. Events range from ladies lunches, light bites & themed evenings such as Bastille night, all of which offer excellent value for money. Today, I came with a group of friends & we enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch. If I were to recommend a place to enjoy good food and service, I would always suggest the White Lion or its sister hotel the Brudenell.