“Excellent Freshly Cooked Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brasserie Bleue

Brasserie Bleue
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Bleue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our new Bar and Brasserie has been inspired by a modern desire to return to simple, 'back to basics' food, offering freshly prepared dishes, contemporary, informal surroundings and impeccable service. We hope the whole family will enjoy dining with us. From fresh fish bought from Dean's Shed, situated on the beach opposite the White Lion, to smoked kippers sourced from Pinney's of Orford, every ingredient used in the exciting dishes which feature on the new menu, has been 'hand picked' to guarantee an abundance of flavours - Bon Appétit.
Dromore, United Kingdom
“Excellent Freshly Cooked Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent. Freshly cooked food at a reasonable price. Friendly helpful staff. We loved it and will return at the earliest opportunity.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Upminster, United Kingdom
“Quality Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Forgot to book a table on a couple of evenings, but staff were keen to assist and fitted us in in bar area. Food very good, taste and preparation first rate.

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service not what I would have expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited Aldeburgh and decided to eat at The White Lion. After reading the reviews I decided to treat myself to what should have been a very nice lunch. On arriving I was surprised to see how quiet it was as the streets and beachfront were full of visitors all I presume looking for somewhere to eat ?

I entered the brasserie and took a seat, passing a member of staff explaining to the manager that she hadn't finished setting up and putting out tea lights as she had been busy, all very interesting but they just seemed to ignore me the guest sitting a few feet away from them.

I then waited 15 minutes whilst the surly looking manager swanned around looking important tapping things into a till and shuffling menu's whilst the three waitresses milled around until finally someone noticed me sitting there. I asked what draft cider they had but the waitress didn't know so as I could see a Aspalls tap on he bar clearly from my table I decided on that. I ordered hummus & bread as a starter and then the house beef burger only to be surprised to have a few minutes later relieved bread and oils which although a nice touch I wasn't expecting this at lunch time. The hummus arrived with more bread as expected but I was sadly disappointed as the hummus was so thick it resembled pollyfilla and was just roughly blended chick pea with no seasoning at all and straight out of a big pot in a cold store.The bread was nice but I left the hummus as no point eating something with no taste.

My plates were cleared without question as to was everything OK bearing in mind my full pot of hummus and my burger brought out which I must say was nicely cooked. I was although somewhat confused as during my meal three different waitresses served me whilst the still surly looking manager delivered drinks and shared laughs with the senior waitress.I was then asked by two waiting staff and the manager who had seemed to cheer up a bit if my burger was ok ? which although a nice touch I didn't need asking three times within two minutes (which was also the case with fellow diners) clearly no one knowing who was looking after who.

I requested my bill and waited another 10 minutes then it appeared with an apology as they had run out of paper in the printer and had to go and find some (maybe worth checking just before service perhaps).

In summary food ok and service not as I would have expected which was a shame.

1 Thank PeterJack5414
Martlesham
“Lunch in Aldeburgh?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Where to have a top quality, good value lunch in Aldeburgh Suffolk? The bar & brasserie at the White Lion is a must. Tempura prawns, roasted plaice and creme brulee, with a nice Cote de Rhone. What more could you want? The five of us had a wonderful birthday lunch, great service and a wonderful day. Definitely a return visit will be made soon.

1 Thank Tony R
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Delicious freshly cooked food with friendly,helpful and efficient staff. Nicely decorated and comfortable seats.

Visited July 2014