“I dont know why it doesnt get better reviews”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldeburgh
Ye Olde Cross Keys Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Aldeburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Basic pub but very good menu. Food very nice and well presented and looking other peoples plates I would think we werent just lucky as everything looked very tasty. Dont be put off as I would certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Odette-Jeremy
There are newer reviews for Ye Olde Cross Keys Inn

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were at Aldeburgh for the festival and after a lecture in an adjacent hall we went to the Cross Keys, which is right in the centre of town for lunch.

We had excellent seafood salads and my crab was very fresh and attractively served. The beer looks good although I had soft drinks.

Décor is good and the puddings were delicious. This is a good place for lunch during the festival as the service was efficient and speedy.

3  Thank SergeLourie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Maybe the Cross keys has changed hands since most of these reviews have been written I went there for a couple of meals over the weekend and the service was friendly and cheerful. The food was ok and the pate starter was almost a meal on its own. Would recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank bernard e
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The cooking has improved dramatically. I had one of the best meals ever today as did my partner. My criticism of this pub was that it was cold but today with warm weather we sat out side. I don't understand earlier reviews my meal was exceptionally good. Lovey smile greeted us and we were looked after throughout.

3  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 26 April 2014

terrible bar staff not a smile in site
lack of choices of drinks
despite it being hot & sunny there was nobody in the pub and it looked really empty and not very popular compared to other heaving pubs down the road. maybe this is why

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Drinks only at this pub as we didnt want to chance the meals. Ale according to my partner was not kept well, too warm and short measured. (Others complained about the short measures too). Wine tasted like water, nothing more than sugared water in my opinion, couldnt distinguish the wine element at all. Complete rip off. Overpriced and disgusting! Considering complaining to the brewery!!!!!!!!!! Really dont understand the extolling reviews.

Room Tip: Dont go there!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the pub for an evening meal. The menu was full of promise, but food was just awful. The fish pie seemed to be made with some type of minced fish. The skate was slimey and was brought out then my husband was asked what he wanted with it, surely this should have been done when the order was taken? The children's cod was full of bones, we expected some but this was just awful! Staff seemed sullen. I wouldn't recommend eating here

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lottie4671
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
The White Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Orford
Randolph Hotel
Randolph Hotel
#1 of 4 in Southwold

Been to Ye Olde Cross Keys Inn? Share your experiences!