“You've got to stay here, it's lovely!”
Review of 34 Lee Road

34 Lee Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldeburgh
34 Lee Road
Ranked #2 of 17 Aldeburgh B&B and Inns
“You've got to stay here, it's lovely!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just Fantastic! We know we've only stopped in the beautiful seaside town of Aldeburgh this once & therefore our only experience of B&B is 34 Lee Road, but couldn't fault a thing. Stayed Mon 4th & Tues 5th Aug.
This is the 1st (& so far only) TripAd review we've completed because...Some TripAdv reviewers just love to find fault & slate everything & everyone (we've just been looking at reviews of an Aberdeenshire hotel we'll be going to in Aug...) Peter & Sue were wonderful hosts, beautiful room (blue rm), fantastic breakfasts (wife had pancakes with plum & bacon twice, i had some fantastic salmon etc) v relaxing stay, nr to numerous places (2 min walk from the sea-front with great views from Park Lane/The Terrace then down the steps to the High Street. Lawson's Delicatessen, the best deli I've been in, walking distance to Orford or Thorpeness. Driving distance to Snape & the Maltings). Can't believe we've never ventured this far before (from The Potteries). What a beautiful part of the British Isles, thanks 34 Lee Road, can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to get a room at 34 Lee Rd last minute and I'm so glad we did! We were warmly welcomed from the moment we rang the doorbell in the hope for a vacancy!

The room we stayed in was spotless and spacious! The bed was incredible as was the comfy, poofy duvet! The ensuite was fresh and modern. There is so much attention to detail at this B&B and I really think that goes along way.

Pete and Sue recommended we go to a restaurant in Aldeburgh called The Lighthouse. They also gave us vouchers for a complimentary glass of wine each in conjunction with the b&b. What a fantastic recommendation as I had one of the best meals of my life there!

More on food... Breakfast at 34 Lee Road is utterly, mouthwateringly amazing! It's no surprised why they won a breakfast award!

Thank you so much for fitting us in Pete and Sue !!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I had to cancel our stay at 34 Lee Road at only a day's notice due to my father becoming seriously ill. We were very pleased with the professionalism and efficiency of the owner in cancelling our stay with absolutely no charge, and refunding the full cost by cheque the following day. Included with the cheque was a very sweet note wishing us and my father well. Professional and caring.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 August 2013

34 Lee road is the most comfortable and considerate accomodation I've ever experienced. We felt so welcome even before getting there since Pete and Sue helped us arrange an airport shuttle and even lent us their grandchildrens carseat for our toddler. Pete and Sue made sure we had anything we could want for, and one day when my son was sleeping in they offered a baby monitor so we could calmly enjoy the delicious breakfast. We stayed in the blue room which was spacious, pretty, had a super comfy bed, and an enourmous bathroom with jacuzzi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I only stayed for one night and I wish we could have stayed longer so I could have sampled all of the lovely sounding breakfasts on offer! Peter and Sue were so welcoming and friendly and the bedroom and ensuite were clean and beautifully furnished. There was even some interesting, local reading material provided! I think all the 5 star ratings say it all really, if you stay at 34 Lees Road you won't be disappointed. :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at this b&b for one night it was excellent the room was really lovely and the breakfast was top class I would recommend anyone to stay hear top quality place and lovely people
Sue and Peter made us feel very welcome.
Valp

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Having just returned from a four day break, I cannot talk highly enough about the effort that Pete and Sue put into ensuring your stay with them is the best it can be. There is a really friendly atmosphere and nothing is too much trouble. The bed was was luxurious to say the least and the general attention to detail of the accommodation was second to none. Everything from the homemade bread to the creative and appealing breakfast menu is first class. I will certainly be going back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Lilac room which is at the rear of the property overlooking the garden - very peacef...