“What a superb B&B !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 34 Lee Road

34 Lee Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldeburgh
34 Lee Road
Ranked #2 of 18 Aldeburgh B&B and Inns
england
“What a superb B&B !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in the Lilac Room at the rear of the property. Our room, like the rest of the house, was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated and presented. On the landing was a huge bookcase with literally many hundreds of books, fiction and non fiction. There were also DVDs to watch in your room.

Breakfast - where shall I start? There is a toaster for guests in the breakfast room so you can have your toast exactly when you want it. The white and brown bread is made by Peter and tastes delicious. Cereals - there were 5 types of Dorset Cereals, cornflakes, frosties and weetabix. Nice quality orange juice and a wonderful fresh fruit salad that changed a little each day were our choice to start. The cooked breakfast comprises excellent quality bacon, sausages and eggs plus 6 or so of the usual suspects. It is cooked to order so you have about 20 minutes to attack the "starters". There are 4 boards on the wall advertising special breakfasts, we did not try them but other reviewers have commented how nice they were. Assuming you have room for toast after your cooked breakfast, you have a choice of 5 jams, marmalade, honey, marmite, peanut butter, nutella and one other I cannot remember. A coffee maker is there for you to help yourself and tea is brought to your table.

Now the hosts, Sue and Peter. Very friendly and helpful with loads of information about Aldeburgh and further afield, plus where to eat and drink. WE highly recommend the Lighthouse restaurant and the restaurant in the White Lion.

Parking is on street, but we had no problems at all.

Summarising, this is a top of the range B&B. I haven't the faintest idea what they could do to make it better. Well done Pete and Sue, and thank you.

Room Tip: It is a quiet road and so noise will not be a problem.
1 Thank oldbrewer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

My partner and I decided to take a short break around the East coast, stopping in at Aldeburgh on the way. I booked 34 Lee Road after reading the reviews on here and was not disappointed. On arrival we were shown to the lovely lilac room with matching en-suite - everything was spotless and beautifully neat. I was also pleased to see hot chocolate and horlicks in amongst the tea and coffee - not liking the latter I thought that this was a nice touch. We were given a key and encouraged to come and go as we pleased. We received a voucher for welcome drinks at a nearby restaurant - a lovely touch and thoroughly enjoyed. After a good nights sleep breakfast was also very well received; served in the beautiful and established garden. An excellent range of food was offered (I went for the scrambled aggs with smoked salmon - delicious!) and no hurry. Before leaving we were able to use the phone to make a booking for later in the day; our hosts really could not do enough for us. Thoroughly, thoroughly recommend!

Room Tip: The lilac room overlooks the garden, which was beautiful.
1 Thank Anita A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just Fantastic! We know we've only stopped in the beautiful seaside town of Aldeburgh this once & therefore our only experience of B&B is 34 Lee Road, but couldn't fault a thing. Stayed Mon 4th & Tues 5th Aug.
This is the 1st (& so far only) TripAd review we've completed because...Some TripAdv reviewers just love to find fault & slate everything & everyone (we've just been looking at reviews of an Aberdeenshire hotel we'll be going to in Aug...) Peter & Sue were wonderful hosts, beautiful room (blue rm), fantastic breakfasts (wife had pancakes with plum & bacon twice, i had some fantastic salmon etc) v relaxing stay, nr to numerous places (2 min walk from the sea-front with great views from Park Lane/The Terrace then down the steps to the High Street. Lawson's Delicatessen, the best deli I've been in, walking distance to Orford or Thorpeness. Driving distance to Snape & the Maltings). Can't believe we've never ventured this far before (from The Potteries). What a beautiful part of the British Isles, thanks 34 Lee Road, can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to get a room at 34 Lee Rd last minute and I'm so glad we did! We were warmly welcomed from the moment we rang the doorbell in the hope for a vacancy!

The room we stayed in was spotless and spacious! The bed was incredible as was the comfy, poofy duvet! The ensuite was fresh and modern. There is so much attention to detail at this B&B and I really think that goes along way.

Pete and Sue recommended we go to a restaurant in Aldeburgh called The Lighthouse. They also gave us vouchers for a complimentary glass of wine each in conjunction with the b&b. What a fantastic recommendation as I had one of the best meals of my life there!

More on food... Breakfast at 34 Lee Road is utterly, mouthwateringly amazing! It's no surprised why they won a breakfast award!

Thank you so much for fitting us in Pete and Sue !!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I had to cancel our stay at 34 Lee Road at only a day's notice due to my father becoming seriously ill. We were very pleased with the professionalism and efficiency of the owner in cancelling our stay with absolutely no charge, and refunding the full cost by cheque the following day. Included with the cheque was a very sweet note wishing us and my father well. Professional and caring.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

34 Lee road is the most comfortable and considerate accomodation I've ever experienced. We felt so welcome even before getting there since Pete and Sue helped us arrange an airport shuttle and even lent us their grandchildrens carseat for our toddler. Pete and Sue made sure we had anything we could want for, and one day when my son was sleeping in they offered a baby monitor so we could calmly enjoy the delicious breakfast. We stayed in the blue room which was spacious, pretty, had a super comfy bed, and an enourmous bathroom with jacuzzi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fakenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I only stayed for one night and I wish we could have stayed longer so I could have sampled all of the lovely sounding breakfasts on offer! Peter and Sue were so welcoming and friendly and the bedroom and ensuite were clean and beautifully furnished. There was even some interesting, local reading material provided! I think all the 5 star ratings say it all really, if you stay at 34 Lees Road you won't be disappointed. :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
The White Lion Hotel
The Thorpeness Hotel and Golf Club
The Westleton Crown
The Westleton Crown
#1 of 1 in Westleton

Been to 34 Lee Road? Share your experiences!