“Almost no mobile connection in Aldebrugh”

and 1 more site!
The Brudenell Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Aldeburgh
Stockholm, Sweden
“Almost no mobile connection in Aldebrugh”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Brudenell hotel is fantastic in every way: rooms, staf, view, surroundings. But, if you need to be available through mobile, Aldebrugh is not the place to stay. Just terrible, sms can work sometimes if you search the right place, but never calls. And wifi also only works in some (1?) areas of the hotel and not all the time. In my case that was the most important thing as the purpose of my journey was to be available to my daughter being on a camp an hours drive away. I wish I had checked before booking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helenahhh
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but it is a shame that this review scores us on the fact that mobile phone signal is bad in Aldeburgh? this is not something we have any control over. The wifi issue you refer to is actually a broadband issue that the whole of Aldeburgh suffers there simply is not a good exchange in Aldeburgh. Our Wifi is state of the art and was upgraded via complete system replacement last year. I respectfully request you to reconsider your scoring.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel is a very nice location with a nautical theme, I have not been here long but in the short time I have been here I have already had terrible trouble finding a parking space as well as hearing the chefs asking for more lamb whilst hearing pots and pans fly around in the backround whilst i watch the small tv in my room. On a plus side the room is quite nice with all relevant bits, tea,coffee,biscuits as well as shampoo, body lotion etc etc there is also an iron in the room, i hear breakfast is good so I shall report back on that. I may invest in some headphones!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Awayfartoomuch
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I cannot really comment much more as the review seems to have been written very early in your stay perhaps whilst still here, but I am surprised that you could hear the kitchen from your room and I assume that this is because you had windows open and so did they. Sorry if this disturbed you it is a shame you did not let us know as we could have rectified this for you at the time. Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just back
from fabulous family weekend at the very helpfully staffed Brudenell Hotel.Nothing is too much trouble. The reception sorted out delivery of mobility scooter hired for my father which was great. FOod and wine all delicious and the rooms are very well appointed. No fridges in the rOoms but plentiful ice from the bar and fresh milk in a jug easily obtained from breakfast room for our early morning tea...we dont do uht milk capsules.
It was our third trip and we ll definitely be back..its not cheap but the location is truly wonderful...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank belinda1812
I am really glad to hear the team have looked after you well and we look forward to being able to host you again in the future. thank you for your review.
near Great Dunmow
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have been to this hotel several times over the years, which we consider the best in Aldeburgh. The staff are really lovely and helpful and when we dined in the restaurant one evening, the food had noticeably improved, with a relatively new chef that is really concerned about excellent quality. We were unfortunate that on the three nights we were there, a cherry picker was constantly rumbling outside during the day, due to emergency roof work (prolonged presumably also by the putting up of nets to keep off birds!), so we avoided eating on the lovely terrace most of the time (with a painter going around the terrace on the first day of our arrival, at the height of the season). Parking was also a problem, and when we had to use the hotel garage area one day, which has narrow-spaced metal pillars with only the front ones covered with protective rubber, I scraped my car on an unprotected back pillar, with another patron having just arrived denting his car. Cars have got somewhat wider over the years, but the pillar problem has not been addressed. The receptionist told me that she does not park there either since pranging her car!. For a luxury hotel, you would think the manager would employ a porter very skilled in driving, who could park vehicles in such a narrow area, if the hotel cannot gain extra parking space. I was informed that manager would write to me, despite me not asking for him to do so, but I was not contacted, although I note he is active to respond on Trip Advisor, hence this review. We would still stay at this hotel, but have begun to question whether to book their lovely sea view room at 275 pounds per night (bed and breakfast) is worth it, given the above niggling issues.

Room Tip: Avoid parking in their garage area, unless you have a smaller than average car.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andrew K
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
On reading your review I can only apologise, I am very sorry to hear that things were not to your liking. Until reading this I had been made aware that you would be contacting me should you wish to discuss your concerns as I had been told that you did not want me to contact you. This was the understanding of my reception team who felt that this was how you had left things when they had checked you out and I felt that I was honouring your wishes. I will certainly make contact to discuss things with you further as the last thing I want is that you feel that matters are left unresolved.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a very comfortable 2 night stay here with my adult son. From the initial reception to departure the service was faultless. Our rooms were very well appointed and we each had a wide view over the estuary. The front bedrooms would probably overlook the sea.
We dined here on our first evening and we had an excellent meal. The chef is to be complimented. We were attending a wedding elsewhere on our second night so sadly missed out on trying more delights from the menu. Breakfast however was much enjoyed on both mornings.
Should I be lucky enough to return to Aldeburgh I would not stay anywhere else.
it seems a bit mean to mention the only niggle we had and that was the long response time of the lift but it really was very slow.

Room Tip: I would be very surprised if anyone was disappointed in their room but if you really want a sea view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank andreamay_11
Thank you for your kind review I will happily pass on your compliments to our Chef and his team.
Lake district, England
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here for one night on a beautiful sunny weekend. The welcome was very good and we managed to find the parking with good clear instructions. We had a lovely twin bedded room with really comfortable beds, a super modern bathroom, great selection on the tea & coffee facilities and complimentary water.
The whole hotel has been refurbished really well with a modern seaside feel. Unfortunately we were unable to dine in the restaurant as it was full which was a bit disappointing. After eating out in town we returned to the hotel and enjoyed some evening drinks in the very comfortable lounge.
When we came down in the morning it was a beautiful sunny morning and we took the opportunity to have our breakfast outside on the lovely hotel verandah overlooking the sea. It was almost like being in the Med. The service was quick and very friendly and the breakfast we had was really good.
All in all we had a lovely comfortable stay and found all the staff we met very helpful and friendly. If I was ever in Aldeburgh again I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traveller130
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing your experiences with us we are delighted that you enjoyed your experiences with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to dine with us as we could not accomodate you in the restaurant this is very unusual, in fact I cannot recall this ever having happened before to one of our residents. We do recommend to all of our guests to book a table with us as early as possible and the opportunity to do so begins at booking stage with the bedroom reservation. Inevitably we do get very busy during peak times but generally we give priority to our residents where ever we can.
Surrey
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Maybe we've been unlucky in the past but we've had problems in finding a comfortable well situated hotel in Aldeburgh. Not any more. Brudenell's fits the bill perfectly. Refurbished (at least I assume it has been refurbished) in a modern comfortable style and with extremely friendly staff. I can't comment constructively on the restaurant because I didn't eat there sufficiently. Breakfast was unusual in that whereas there was a tempting selection of British cooked dishes there was no fresh bread available nor was the popular European breakfast of cold meats and cheeses on show but I'm sure would have been provided if asked for.

You might find parking spaces in short supply but there is a karge public carpark just a short distance away with very modest charges.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerekCarver
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thanks also for your constructive feedback we will review this and take any action we think appropriate. please do always feel free to make any requests for anything that you desire when you stay with us as you rightly say if you ask and we can accomodate then you will receive!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
Wentworth Hotel
The Westleton Crown
The Westleton Crown
#1 of 1 in Westleton
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to The Brudenell Hotel? Share your experiences!