Our 3-night autumn break this week at the Brudenell Hotel was a sheer delight. The old style building exterior has a stylish modern interior and our de-luxe rooms overlooking the North Sea were large and well equipped in every way including comfortable sette, separate double width separate shower and a large bath. The daily replenishment of a large bottle of still and sparkling water was much appreciated as well as complimentary newspapers. By the time we returned from breakfast the room had been serviced but I guess this level of service could not be expected.
All the staff were really friendly, intelligent and relaxed and certainly not from the "have a nice day" mould.
The 2 AA Rosette restaurant provided excellent food with a balanced selection of choices in all courses. Breakfast was equally enjoyable so full marks to James-Head Chef and his team. One minor suggestion - Could the cooked breakfast menu include both porridge and a main breakfast dish?
We enjoyed half a dozen different wines which were all value for money including some from the new wine list and bin ends.
It would be good to experience this hotel in different seasons and maybe we shall have the opportunity in the future as Aldeburgh is a lovely town with interesting shops and outlets.
Thanks for a most enjoyable visit to everyone at the Brudenell
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Odigeo so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk