“Stylish modern hotel with excellent restaurant in delightful town”

and 1 more site!
The Brudenell Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Aldeburgh
Surrey
“Stylish modern hotel with excellent restaurant in delightful town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our 3-night autumn break this week at the Brudenell Hotel was a sheer delight. The old style building exterior has a stylish modern interior and our de-luxe rooms overlooking the North Sea were large and well equipped in every way including comfortable sette, separate double width separate shower and a large bath. The daily replenishment of a large bottle of still and sparkling water was much appreciated as well as complimentary newspapers. By the time we returned from breakfast the room had been serviced but I guess this level of service could not be expected.

All the staff were really friendly, intelligent and relaxed and certainly not from the "have a nice day" mould.

The 2 AA Rosette restaurant provided excellent food with a balanced selection of choices in all courses. Breakfast was equally enjoyable so full marks to James-Head Chef and his team. One minor suggestion - Could the cooked breakfast menu include both porridge and a main breakfast dish?

We enjoyed half a dozen different wines which were all value for money including some from the new wine list and bin ends.

It would be good to experience this hotel in different seasons and maybe we shall have the opportunity in the future as Aldeburgh is a lovely town with interesting shops and outlets.

Thanks for a most enjoyable visit to everyone at the Brudenell

Room Tip: Clearly a sea view if you can afford it and a de luxe room if you want to enjoy a pampered stay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank telgas
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely comprehensive review of your experiences with us it is great to hear that you had a good time. I have addressed that the porridge appears on the from the kitchen selection as I agree this does seem silly and it seems that it has been moved since we re imaged the restaurant menus.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I really loved this hotel, with amazing sea views from almost every vista.

We splashed out on a suite that was great to sip bubbles and watch the world go by in the bay window. It was a little pricey for what it was but it was well appointed, sofa, white gowns, tea and coffee etc. Modern and clean.

The position of the Hotel is tucked a way on a quiet spot on the beach. The reception staff were great and gave a good service. Food at the restaurant was of a good quality (but not outstanding) but great for seafood lovers like me. The service could be a little better for this level of restaurant though (If I was being picky).

Would also suggest the afternoon teas in the lounge overlooking the sea if you are up this end of the Aldeburgh beach and want to relax out of the wind :)

I would go again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Therealhotelinspector, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Many thanks for your review.
Beccles, Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Brudenell is such a beautiful hotel, in location and luxury. We have stayed twice when meeting up with family from London. Whatever the weather you are guaranteed an amazing stay. Luxurious comfy bedrooms and delicious locally sourced food will ensure value for money. Suffolk is such a beautiful county and this area is my favourite . A stay at The Brudenell is such a treat!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NickyP1971
We are all glad to see that you feel we are comfortable and that you enjoy the food. thanks for coming back and we hope to see you again soon.
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in room 104. Large bay window overlooking the sea and a huge, very comfortable bed. My mobility is limited so I was happy to spend a lot of time watching the sea, which was very calm when I arrived but had completely changed to crashing waves by the time I left. Lovely to watch it during all it's moods. My room was large and very well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities which were always kept well stocked. Hotel staff are all very friendly and welcoming, attentive but not intrusive. The standard of cleanliness is excellent and the food is of a really high standard. I'm really looking forward to returning next year and have already booked same room same week!

Room Tip: The sea views are wonderful and well worth the extra price, as long as you enjoy the sound of the wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 395merlin
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your lovely review the team and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your four nights with us here in Aldeburgh. Those crashing waves really are mesmerising aren't they!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Brudenell a number of times and never been disappointed. This time was no exception. It is not cheap but our room overlooking the sea was well worth it. My only quibble is that at Sunday lunch the service was very slow. On the other hand, the food was terrific.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jt1945
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are a fan of the hotel and I hope you will be back soon.
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I used to go to the Brudenell before it was renovated and priced itself slightly out of our price range. So I was very pleased when my husband booked this hotel for my 60th birthday celebration. A sea view room is a must in this hotel, they are lovely and the sound of the sea lulling you to sleep is brilliant. The food was first class the Bouillabaisse was delicious as was the lamb. The breakfasts were well cooked and tasty. But most of all the stay was enhanced by the attentive staff who always looked cheerful and interested. My stay at the Brudenell helped lessen the pain of turning 60, thanks a lot, you all did good.

Room Tip: A sea facing room is really a must.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NorthNorfolklass
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
It was our pleasure to have been given the opportunity to be part of a milestone celebration and to help to make the occasion memorable for you. I am personally very pleased to hear your glowing feelings about our team. Many thanks for choosing the Brudenell.
Cheshunt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night as we were attending a wedding nearby. The hotel is in a beautiful location on the beachfront. Our room was a little expensive but I'm sure that this is because the hotel is so close to the sea and is so well presented. The staff were welcoming, polite and helpful. Our room was clean, smart, comfortable and had everything we needed. Loved the funky bathroom tiles! It was a little on the small side but it didn't worry us. We ate lunch and breakfast there in the lovely restaurant which had sea views. My first thought was lunch looked a little expensive but the quality of the food was well worth it. Breakfast was included and delicious! I cannot wait to return to Aldeburgh and stroll along the beach and look in the lovely little shops! I will definitely stay here when I do return!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank emma_burg
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review we really appreciate your endorsement. We are all happy to have made a memory for you and hope to be able to do so again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
The White Lion Hotel
#1 of 4 in Southwold
Satis House Hotel
Satis House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Yoxford

Been to The Brudenell Hotel? Share your experiences!