“Romantic Getaway”

and 1 more site!
The Brudenell Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Aldeburgh
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My partner and I decided to treat ourselves to a treaty Valentine's night in Aldeburgh. We are so glad that we chose the Brudenell! From the moment we arrived, on a dark, rainy, blustery evening, we were warmed by the lovely welcome we received. Our room was light and modern, with every comfort we could wish for. The bathroom sumptuous and the bed squishy and warm, with crisp white linen and feather pillows and duvet. We were greeted, as promised, by a chilled bottle of pink Prosecco, chocolates, a single long stemmed rose. First we were treated to an excellent tea for two, with sandwiches, cakes and brilliant Jing tea and then there was time for a rest, a bath and a glass of fizz. Later a cocktail and a delicious 3 course dinner, served by expert and attentive staff and serenaded by live music. In the morning the very best full English (Suffolk) breakfast we have ever had! Every bit of food and drink was delicious, every area of the hotel, fresh clean and tastefully decorated, every smile and word, warm and sincere...A PERFECT VALENTINE'S CELEBRATION

Room Tip: A stunning sea view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha W
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit despite the weather. Although I note you are from the west country so may well have come here by boat last week!!! We really enjoyed looking after everyone over the valentines weekend and comments and reviews such as yours really make all the hard work worth it for all the team. See you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I took my wife here for her 40th birthday weekend. First and foremost, I must say that the staff here are very welcoming and thoughtful. They left a box of chocolates and a birthday card in the room and granted my request for a birthday dessert plate. However, the rest of the hotel is a bit of a disappointment. It appears to have been renovated in recent years, which may not to be to everyone's tastes. We had a Double Sea View Room which was pokey and I have to say overpriced at £150 per night for B&B. I have extensive hotel experience through originally working in them and now by staying in them through work; maybe you pay for the seaview and for staying in Aldeburgh, but this was too much for what it was in my opinion. Food in the restaurant was average - my sardine starter and lamb main were bland - though the plate of chocolate dessert was good. I hate to be critical, as the staff are most accommodating, but I did feel I had been stung in the wallet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan B

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear that you didn't feel that your seaview room was good value at £150 including full English breakfast. This is actually the lowest rate that we offer on this type of room all year round and would have been part of our pick and mix offer where you can build in more value with reduced priced extras such as adding dinner for £10 per person, champagne for £20 etc. I will pass on your comments regarding your meal to our chef.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my 50th Birthday for two nights, having been recommended by a friend. We booked on their pick n mix deal, which I must say I thought was extremely good value. We took advantage of the extras of upgrade to sea view, dinner and champagne in the room.
I cannot fault anything, all staff very welcoming. The food was excellent, we had both dinner and breakfast. I would not hesitate in recommending his hotel, as I was lucky enough that someone recommended it to me

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sclaxt

I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your 50th birthday visit with us here. I am pleased that you felt the January pick and mix offer was really good value, it was designed to be exactly that and at the same time to give the advantage of really good value add ins.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Spent last weekend at the Brudenell - superior sea view room which was lovely and comfortable.
From Friday arrival until we left Sunday morning was faultless, the staff could not have been nicer and very attentive. Room clean and very comfortable with lovely sea view. Loved Alderburgh, very friendly little village. Had a great walk to Thorpeness along the sea front, certainly blew the cobwebs away. Talking to the owner in the local pub and apparently summer is extremely busy, which doesn't surprise us. Will look forward to staying at The Brudenell again soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tranter2013
BrudenellFOHManager, General Manager at The Brudenell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for staying at the Brudenell we really appreciate your lovely review and it is great to hear that you could find no fault. We pride ourselves on our people so it is a pleasure to hear that you found all to be attentive and nice.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We spent one night in the Brudenell Hotel and enjoyed a lovely comfortable stay. Our room was described as "inland facing" but we found we did have a sea view to the side. A nice touch was some colouring/quiz sheets and crayons laid out on the bed for my five-year old daughter. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth W

Thank you for your kind comments it sounds as if we looked after you well and that you enjoyed your experiences with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have just had a night at the Brudenell in a superior sea view room. The service from check-in to check-out was faultless, we felt like valued humans! The restaurant was well run and the service was attentive with a polite smile....add to this the sound of the breaking waves all night to put us to sleep..perfect. We will be back.

Room Tip: Spend the extra £10 for a sea view..and sound!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B

Wow that is high praise thank you very much. We certainly did and always will value your business. See you again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate the New Year away this year. We decided on the above hotel. Everything was first class. The only request my husband made was a seaview, on entering the room he stated seaview, not in the sea. With the weather the way it was we did have some great views.
The breakfast was good and a very wide selection. Real smoked haddock with poached eggs ( not dyed ) was one of the choices.
The reception and new Year celebration was good as well. The food was well cooked, all bit it small on the first couple of courses, but the main was excellent.
Overall, this hotel will be one of my favorites, up their with one from China and one in Peru that I loved
Staff very good and attentive and think of everything.
Alderburgh itself is a small village ( For those who like classical music, it was the home of Benjamin Britten and he is buried in the local church )
It was great for BRACING walks along the sea front. Summer time I would think it would be heaven.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 305. Needed to put something at the door bottom due to the corridor light, but that i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ImpKent

I am glad we had the opportunity to look after you and share what we felt was a memorable new years eve with you. it is nice to hear that we are in your top three hotels of choice!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldeburgh
The White Lion Hotel
Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
Randolph Hotel
Randolph Hotel
#1 of 4 in Southwold

Been to The Brudenell Hotel? Share your experiences!