I stay away a lot and this place is pretty good there are a couple of areas that need improvement but overall jolly decent. I am staying here in deepest darkest January but I would imagine that in late spring and summer it would be lovely. It has a slightly new England feel to it with beach pastel shades used.
I had the 3 course dinner here and broadly good value I pre booked it as a dinner bed and breakfast rate for £100. Menu sounds appealing but needs a little work. I ordered the smoked salmon croque monsieur which sounded interesting but was actually like a deep fried smoked salmon toastie and quite greasy....but okish. for main I ordered venison which was beautifully cooked although a slightly measly portion but was accompanied by 3large croquet potatoes which was rather 70s retro and perhaps not the most suitable
For desert I had the cheese board which was very nice although served on a baffling mini futon . All washed down with a highly reasonable bottle of Chilean cabernet for £15.
Bed very comfy .... All in all quite a jolly place and with a couple of tweaks in the restaurant could be super.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk