“Thai food”

Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eliza's Thai Street Cafe is a wonderful seasonal pop up street cafe based at DP's BAR Aldeburgh UK. We serve authentic freshly prepared thai dishes. Fresh fish from The fishermen on aldeburgh beach cooked thai style. Started with my wonderful Thai friend oH. She now has a beautiful baby girl and makes all our fabulous starters. Every dish is cooked to order and this year I have brought some amazing new dishes back from my travels in thailand. This years favorite is my Thai crispy pork with three flavor sauce and amazing Aldebugh cod with Garlic and black pepper. Phad thai is a party favorite. Come and enjoy and relax at this very informal and vibrant street cafe. We have seating outside in the yard and on the street and inside our bar. We are very busy so its a good idea to place your orders early to avoid disappointment, we cant cook the food quick enough !!!!
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Heard great things about this Thai street cafe the word is true amazing food. The best we have ever tasted, lovely atmosphere, very rustic environment well worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had a really lovely take out from Eliza's thai kitchen. We ordered all the mains from the menu (there were a few of us !). It all tasted incredibly fresh and authentic.
We have tried twice to order from there, but timed it badly, so this was a real treat. We will definitely be ordering again.
Took a while to get the order, but a beer or two in DP's was hardly an onerous task !
Well worth a visit.

1  Thank KinkyNoodle
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great food, only let down by the draught bitter in the bar.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the best Thai food outside of Thailand, but maybe I'm lucky in the quality of Thai food we can get in Nottingham. However I left Aldeburgh wishing that I'd visited more than once in my week stay.

What we had was great value quality food. I'd recommend without any hestitation.

1  Thank 50sCoupleEngland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We visited DP Bar having found a menu at our rental House.
The menu was limited which I liked as I often worry when a chef has too many dishes to worry about!!

We were made to feel very welcome by the friendly if slightly chaotic staff.
We sat inside which had a relaxed vibe,,and the bar man carried that feeling through extremely well.

The food was authentic and tasty, as good as being in Thailand.

Go there and be ready for a rollicking chilli zinging ride!!!

Very nice indeed,,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We sat outside, you can see them making the food. The food really was excellent, everything was super fresh and they were happy to make something milder or hotter if you asked. There was a variety of dishes to suit everyone. The drinks were reasonable priced and good.
The staff are chatty, friendly and only to happy to help.
We enjoyed ourselves immensely and will definitely visit again whenever we are in Aldeburgh.
One thing though, if you sit outside make sure you bring and jumper or jacket as when it loses the sun and can get chilly!

2  Thank Amy T