“Lovely sun trap and delicious cakes!”

Cragg Sisters Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Aldeburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely sun trap and delicious cakes!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I popped in here twice last weekend, once with a group of friends, and once the following day with just my partner. Both times we were served quickly and had a lovely experience. The only thing I found was that both times we were asked whether we fancied something sweet, or something savoury (and the appropriate menu given according to the answer). In truth, I didn't really know and I'd have quite liked to have been given the choice to browse and make my decision.
Meringues were exquisite and a perfect match to the apple juice. It was good to hear that gluten free options were also given (although I am not gluten free I have friends who are). Will certainly return again!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Small and perfectly formed tea room”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's tiny but there's seating outside the front and back. We stopped for tea/coffee plus cake (there's a really tempting selection) while exploring Aldeburgh. There is a loo !

Service was very friendly and it's a family business, better than many chains.

helsinki
“let down by customer service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

called into cafe for a cup of tea. Dont think they liked the fact I was single and only wanting a cup of tea. I was clearly not a priority as I waited ages for my tea. When the tea came I asked for a spoon. After 7 minutes I gave up and left. Apparently they were busy.

1 Thank andycaseydesign
Chelmsford
“Old fashioned tea room”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After a busy couple of hours browsing the shops in Aldeburgh I popped in here for a coffee. The young lady who served was very pleasant and the coffee delicious. It was like stepping back in time and was a delightful place to while away a half an hour. The cakes looked very tempting but I resisted. Will definitely be back!

Bedfordshire
“Tea for two or three or four or even more.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were staying in Aldeburgh and have enjoyed a walk, we elected to take tea and cake in the afternoon. The Cragg Sisters Tearoom, we found in the main street we had never been there before, but it looked good from outside. We were not disappointed, the cafe is not huge but we found ample space in a back room. The menu offers sandwiches, cream teas, single cakes, scones and an afternoon tea. The different choice of teas is extensive. The service was excellent, fast and friendly. I opted for an afternoon tea, which was one of the best I have ever tasted from the sandwiches through to the scone and cake, which was apple and cinnamon, supplemented with a caefetere of coffee, a option that is fast disappearing. The cafe is dog friendly and I note from other reviews, one which expects children to behave also an option that is also fast disappearing. It is really is well worth a visit as is the town.

• Visited April 2014